WEST NORFOLK: Rotarian raises more than �700 for his club with history book
A ROTARIAN has completed a book on the history of part of West Norfolk – and raised more than �700 for his club in the process. Chris Shaw has written a book on the history of Hilgay, Southery and the surrounding area. Sales of the book allowed Mr Shaw to
A ROTARIAN has completed a book on the history of part of West Norfolk - and raised more than �700 for his club in the process.
Chris Shaw has written a book on the history of Hilgay, Southery and the surrounding area.
Sales of the book allowed Mr Shaw to raise �716 for the Rotary Club of Downham Market's charity account.
Club president John Rice said: "This really is a magnificent effort by Chris. The book has proved a real hit with local and family historians, so much so that this wonderful gesture of Chris's has paid off for the club very quickly."
You may also want to watch:
The book costs �5 and can be bought at Dent's the butchers in Hilgay. The first edition is now sold out but a reprint is expected shortly. All proceeds will again go to Rotary charities.
Chris is now working on a second book, covering the history of Downham Market, Denver and surrounding areas.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school