West Norfolk Police set to sell by auction the silver Boxster Porsche they took from a criminal
DODGY motor..? This one s a steal - almost literally. West Norfolk police are putting a Porsche up for auction after seizing it from a crook. The silver Boxster with 25,000 miles on the clock, expected to fetch up to �8,000, was officially awarded to the
DODGY motor..? This one's a steal - almost literally.
West Norfolk police are putting a Porsche up for auction after seizing it from a crook. The silver Boxster with 25,000 miles on the clock, expected to fetch up to �8,000, was officially awarded to the Norfolk force by Kings Lynn magistrates.
Seized in 2008, after its driver was stopped for driving whilst disaqualified, the 10-year-old car was later found to be bearing false plates, and to have been illegally imported into the country.
Now it has been registered to Norfolk Constabulary and will be sold with full V5, MOT and tax disc. It has also been fitted with several new parts, including new tyres and brakes. Proceeds from the auction will go to charitable causes.
You may also want to watch:
Det Chief Supt Julian Blazeby said: "The public auction of a Porsche Boxster, seized by Norfolk Constabulary from a criminal sends out a very clear message to those seeking to profit from crime.
"We will track down assets, including cars and where appropriate seek court orders to ensure criminals don't gain from their activity.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
"We are now auctioning the Porsche for the public to bid for, with the money raised going to charitable causes. This sends out a very positive message to our local communities."
The Porsche is being sold by Clowes and Nash Auctions Ltd on Wednesday, September 23 (10am) at Swardeston Village Hall.