West Norfolk Police set to sell by auction the silver Boxster Porsche they took from a criminal
DODGY motor..? This one s a steal - almost literally. West Norfolk police are putting a Porsche up for auction after seizing it from a crook. The silver Boxster with 25,000 miles on the clock, expected to fetch up to �8,000, was officially awarded to the
DODGY motor..? This one's a steal - almost literally.
West Norfolk police are putting a Porsche up for auction after seizing it from a crook. The silver Boxster with 25,000 miles on the clock, expected to fetch up to �8,000, was officially awarded to the Norfolk force by Kings Lynn magistrates.
Seized in 2008, after its driver was stopped for driving whilst disaqualified, the 10-year-old car was later found to be bearing false plates, and to have been illegally imported into the country.
Now it has been registered to Norfolk Constabulary and will be sold with full V5, MOT and tax disc. It has also been fitted with several new parts, including new tyres and brakes. Proceeds from the auction will go to charitable causes.
You may also want to watch:
Det Chief Supt Julian Blazeby said: "The public auction of a Porsche Boxster, seized by Norfolk Constabulary from a criminal sends out a very clear message to those seeking to profit from crime.
"We will track down assets, including cars and where appropriate seek court orders to ensure criminals don't gain from their activity.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 6 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 7 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 10 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
"We are now auctioning the Porsche for the public to bid for, with the money raised going to charitable causes. This sends out a very positive message to our local communities."
The Porsche is being sold by Clowes and Nash Auctions Ltd on Wednesday, September 23 (10am) at Swardeston Village Hall.