MP Steve Barclay says cash for King’s Lynn hospital to improve cancer diagnosis ‘will be of great benefit to people facing waiting lists’
- Credit: Archant
Major improvements to speed up cancer diagnosis and treatments at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King’s Lynn, will go ahead as part of a Government spending spree for the NHS.
NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay announced today that the hospital would receive a share of the extra £69.7 million assigned to three Norfolk hospitals.
Mr Barclay said: "The money for the QEH will be for a diagnostic and assessment centre that will aid the rapid diagnosis and assessment of cancerous and non-cancerous diseases.
"This will be of great benefit to people facing waiting lists for their health updates. It is another step forward in ensuring we have an NHS fit for the future."
South West Norfolk MP Elizabeth Truss said she was particularly pleased the Government was giving an additional £1.8 billion for 20 hospitals across the country. 'This is great news and for hospitals like the Queen Elizabeth in Kings Lynn will be transformational for both patients and staff," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a significant drive to see progress at the hospital and I am keen to see the improvements take place as soon as possible.
"I know access to first class health care is a priority for residents in South West Norfolk, with improved provision of mental health facilities in the county - it is an issue I have raised with the Department for Health, so today's announcement is extremely positive."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens