MP Steve Barclay says cash for King’s Lynn hospital to improve cancer diagnosis ‘will be of great benefit to people facing waiting lists’
- Credit: Archant
Major improvements to speed up cancer diagnosis and treatments at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King’s Lynn, will go ahead as part of a Government spending spree for the NHS.
NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay announced today that the hospital would receive a share of the extra £69.7 million assigned to three Norfolk hospitals.
Mr Barclay said: "The money for the QEH will be for a diagnostic and assessment centre that will aid the rapid diagnosis and assessment of cancerous and non-cancerous diseases.
"This will be of great benefit to people facing waiting lists for their health updates. It is another step forward in ensuring we have an NHS fit for the future."
South West Norfolk MP Elizabeth Truss said she was particularly pleased the Government was giving an additional £1.8 billion for 20 hospitals across the country. 'This is great news and for hospitals like the Queen Elizabeth in Kings Lynn will be transformational for both patients and staff," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a significant drive to see progress at the hospital and I am keen to see the improvements take place as soon as possible.
"I know access to first class health care is a priority for residents in South West Norfolk, with improved provision of mental health facilities in the county - it is an issue I have raised with the Department for Health, so today's announcement is extremely positive."
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident