WEST NORFOLK: Council imposes �10 fee to ride your home of rats or mice
TREATMENT of rats and mice is to cost home owners in West Norfolk �10 from April 1. West Norfolk Council will charge the fee if people call to have rats and mice in their homes treated. Councillor David Harwood, Cabinet member for Community, said: Charg
TREATMENT of rats and mice is to cost home owners in West Norfolk �10 from April 1.
West Norfolk Council will charge the fee if people call to have rats and mice in their homes treated.
Councillor David Harwood, Cabinet member for Community, said: " Charges are already in place for the treatment of bees, wasps, fleas, ants, cluster flies and other pests and the introduction of this charge will help us to cover the cost of the service."
The service will remain free for residents in receipt of council tax benefit. Where any treatment has been unsuccessful, a free follow-up treatment will be offered as long as it is reported to the council within 14 days of the initial treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Harwood added: "We are committed to ensuring that our services offer value for money. Our charges are broadly in line with other local authorities and significantly less than many private contractors."
There is no charge for the treatment of bedbugs and cockroaches in domestic properties.
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Citizens Advice Rural Cambs open doors to new office