WEST NORFOLK: Council imposes �10 fee to ride your home of rats or mice
TREATMENT of rats and mice is to cost home owners in West Norfolk �10 from April 1. West Norfolk Council will charge the fee if people call to have rats and mice in their homes treated. Councillor David Harwood, Cabinet member for Community, said: Charg
TREATMENT of rats and mice is to cost home owners in West Norfolk �10 from April 1.
West Norfolk Council will charge the fee if people call to have rats and mice in their homes treated.
Councillor David Harwood, Cabinet member for Community, said: " Charges are already in place for the treatment of bees, wasps, fleas, ants, cluster flies and other pests and the introduction of this charge will help us to cover the cost of the service."
The service will remain free for residents in receipt of council tax benefit. Where any treatment has been unsuccessful, a free follow-up treatment will be offered as long as it is reported to the council within 14 days of the initial treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Harwood added: "We are committed to ensuring that our services offer value for money. Our charges are broadly in line with other local authorities and significantly less than many private contractors."
There is no charge for the treatment of bedbugs and cockroaches in domestic properties.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease