WEST NORFOLK: Council imposes �10 fee to ride your home of rats or mice
TREATMENT of rats and mice is to cost home owners in West Norfolk �10 from April 1. West Norfolk Council will charge the fee if people call to have rats and mice in their homes treated. Councillor David Harwood, Cabinet member for Community, said: Charg
TREATMENT of rats and mice is to cost home owners in West Norfolk �10 from April 1.
West Norfolk Council will charge the fee if people call to have rats and mice in their homes treated.
Councillor David Harwood, Cabinet member for Community, said: " Charges are already in place for the treatment of bees, wasps, fleas, ants, cluster flies and other pests and the introduction of this charge will help us to cover the cost of the service."
The service will remain free for residents in receipt of council tax benefit. Where any treatment has been unsuccessful, a free follow-up treatment will be offered as long as it is reported to the council within 14 days of the initial treatment.
Cllr Harwood added: "We are committed to ensuring that our services offer value for money. Our charges are broadly in line with other local authorities and significantly less than many private contractors."
There is no charge for the treatment of bedbugs and cockroaches in domestic properties.
- 1 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
- 2 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 5 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 Academy students pitch to the ‘dragons’ for new sports club
- 8 Memories of Meat Loaf in Norfolk following the news of his death
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told