WEST NORFOLK: Council imposes �10 fee to ride your home of rats or mice
TREATMENT of rats and mice is to cost home owners in West Norfolk �10 from April 1. West Norfolk Council will charge the fee if people call to have rats and mice in their homes treated. Councillor David Harwood, Cabinet member for Community, said: Charg
TREATMENT of rats and mice is to cost home owners in West Norfolk �10 from April 1.
West Norfolk Council will charge the fee if people call to have rats and mice in their homes treated.
Councillor David Harwood, Cabinet member for Community, said: " Charges are already in place for the treatment of bees, wasps, fleas, ants, cluster flies and other pests and the introduction of this charge will help us to cover the cost of the service."
The service will remain free for residents in receipt of council tax benefit. Where any treatment has been unsuccessful, a free follow-up treatment will be offered as long as it is reported to the council within 14 days of the initial treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Harwood added: "We are committed to ensuring that our services offer value for money. Our charges are broadly in line with other local authorities and significantly less than many private contractors."
There is no charge for the treatment of bedbugs and cockroaches in domestic properties.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured