WEST NORFOLK: Council imposes �10 fee to ride your home of rats or mice
TREATMENT of rats and mice is to cost home owners in West Norfolk �10 from April 1. West Norfolk Council will charge the fee if people call to have rats and mice in their homes treated. Councillor David Harwood, Cabinet member for Community, said: Charg
TREATMENT of rats and mice is to cost home owners in West Norfolk �10 from April 1.
West Norfolk Council will charge the fee if people call to have rats and mice in their homes treated.
Councillor David Harwood, Cabinet member for Community, said: " Charges are already in place for the treatment of bees, wasps, fleas, ants, cluster flies and other pests and the introduction of this charge will help us to cover the cost of the service."
The service will remain free for residents in receipt of council tax benefit. Where any treatment has been unsuccessful, a free follow-up treatment will be offered as long as it is reported to the council within 14 days of the initial treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Harwood added: "We are committed to ensuring that our services offer value for money. Our charges are broadly in line with other local authorities and significantly less than many private contractors."
There is no charge for the treatment of bedbugs and cockroaches in domestic properties.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out