New slimming group launches as a Wisbech woman loses 10 stone in less than two years
- Credit: Archant
A new slimming group is launching in Wisbech to help people pile off the pounds like a member who lost 10 stone in less than two years.
Sally Shipley is opening a new group on Saturday September 1 at 9.30am at the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech,
Her most successful member went from 21 stone to 11 stone in less than two years.
In her two and a half years as a consultant, Sally has helped 153 members reach their weight loss target and a further 192 members to lose more than 10 per cent of their starting weight.
She said: “Obesity is a real problem in the UK with more than 40 million people struggling with their weight.
You may also want to watch:
“Childhood obesity is a grave concern. Slimming World’s unique free 2 go plan offers young people aged 11-15 support in making healthier choices.”
One of her members, Carol Hawkins, lost 10 stone in 21 months.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 8 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
Sally said: “Carol woke on New Year’s Day in 2010 and announced she was going to join Slimming World.
“She weighed 21 stones 5.5 pounds. After a week she was 5.5lbs lighter and 21 months later, ten stones lighter.
“She says there were gains and ‘stay the same weeks’ but it had gone and it isn’t coming back.”
Sarah, Carol’s daughter, was then inspired to also lose weight having watched her mum’s success.
When she was asked to be a bridesmaid for a friend, Sarah decided she needed to do it as she did not want to let her friend down. .
Within 20 months she lost more than four stones, her balance improved and she found lots of new friends.
Sally said: “Another member, Sarah, joined at 28 weeks pregnant with her second baby after ballooning through the first two trimesters and with Slimming World help she safely minimized her weight gain to the end of the pregnancy.
“At 15 months after having her daughter she reached her target weight, nearly four stones lighter than what she weighed at 40 weeks pregnant.”
As well as the new group, Sally also runs groups at Wisbech Rugby Club on Wednesdays at 5.30pm or 7.30pm and Thursdays at 9.30am/11.30am.
To find out more contact Sally on 07919 410258.