Snow could be on the way to the Fens as Mini Beast from the East set to hit over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
Temperatures are set to plummet this weekend with bitter winds making it feel as cold as -10C.
Dubbed the Mini Beast from the East, the cold snap has led to weather warnings with some costal parts of the region potentially seeing 10cm of snow.
The Fenlands could wake up to a light dusting of snow tomorrow, with showers expected overnight tonight, but there is potential for more to fall all through Saturday.
The Met Office says it currently looks unlikely to be as severe as the conditions at the start of the month, but has warned that the snow could cause some disruption.
They state: “Some roads and railways are likely to be affected with longer journey times by road, bus and train services. Some injuries are also possible from slips and falls on icy surfaces.”
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has issued yellow weather warnings for snow and ice from 6pm today until 11.55pm on Sunday.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition