Snow could be on the way to the Fens as Mini Beast from the East set to hit over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
Temperatures are set to plummet this weekend with bitter winds making it feel as cold as -10C.
Dubbed the Mini Beast from the East, the cold snap has led to weather warnings with some costal parts of the region potentially seeing 10cm of snow.
The Fenlands could wake up to a light dusting of snow tomorrow, with showers expected overnight tonight, but there is potential for more to fall all through Saturday.
The Met Office says it currently looks unlikely to be as severe as the conditions at the start of the month, but has warned that the snow could cause some disruption.
They state: “Some roads and railways are likely to be affected with longer journey times by road, bus and train services. Some injuries are also possible from slips and falls on icy surfaces.”
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has issued yellow weather warnings for snow and ice from 6pm today until 11.55pm on Sunday.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide