Snow could be on the way to the Fens as Mini Beast from the East set to hit over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
Temperatures are set to plummet this weekend with bitter winds making it feel as cold as -10C.
Dubbed the Mini Beast from the East, the cold snap has led to weather warnings with some costal parts of the region potentially seeing 10cm of snow.
The Fenlands could wake up to a light dusting of snow tomorrow, with showers expected overnight tonight, but there is potential for more to fall all through Saturday.
The Met Office says it currently looks unlikely to be as severe as the conditions at the start of the month, but has warned that the snow could cause some disruption.
They state: “Some roads and railways are likely to be affected with longer journey times by road, bus and train services. Some injuries are also possible from slips and falls on icy surfaces.”
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has issued yellow weather warnings for snow and ice from 6pm today until 11.55pm on Sunday.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden