Firefighters race to building fire as black smoke pours from salvage car garage
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are currently racing to a building fire at a car parts and salvage garage – with one crew already on scene.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to Breakers in Wisbech at around 3.30pm this afternoon after reports of the blaze.
A spokesperson said: “We were called at 3.33pm, to a building fire on Weasenham Lane, Wisbech.
“One crew is in attendance, and a further two crews are on their way.
“Will update you once we see more updates from the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 4.40pm by the fire service to reports of a fire in Weasenham Lane, Wisbech.
“Emergency services attended and officers remain at the scene. The road has been closed as a precaution.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 4 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
Pictures shared on social media show thick black smoke pouring from the back of the unit which sits just metres from surrounding businesses.
• More as we get it