Firefighters race to building fire as black smoke pours from salvage car garage
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are currently racing to a building fire at a car parts and salvage garage – with one crew already on scene.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to Breakers in Wisbech at around 3.30pm this afternoon after reports of the blaze.
A spokesperson said: “We were called at 3.33pm, to a building fire on Weasenham Lane, Wisbech.
“One crew is in attendance, and a further two crews are on their way.
“Will update you once we see more updates from the scene.”
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 4.40pm by the fire service to reports of a fire in Weasenham Lane, Wisbech.
“Emergency services attended and officers remain at the scene. The road has been closed as a precaution.”
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 9 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 10 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
Pictures shared on social media show thick black smoke pouring from the back of the unit which sits just metres from surrounding businesses.
• More as we get it