We're off to Hollywood says the band which has two members from Fenland as members
A BAND called The Brink, with two members from Wisbech, is on the edge of international fame. Matt, Alex, Gary and Dave are going to Hollywood. The four-piece, all in their early 20s, have given up their day jobs teaching music to make an EP of their son
A BAND called The Brink, with two members from Wisbech, is on the edge of international fame.
Matt, Alex, Gary and Dave are going to Hollywood. The four-piece, all in their early 20s, have given up their day jobs teaching music to make an EP of their songs in Los Angeles.
The band has seven-week residency in The Galaxy Hotel in Hollywood where they will play on Sunday nights. They also hope to get interview slots on American radio stations.
Singer Matt Strafford, 22, from Ramsey said: "We are very excited about it. We have been teaching music in schools but we have now stopped teaching to play in the band full-time."
The Brink was described on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire as "a cosmic collection of energy-driven individuals who rock".
With influences include Bon Jovi and Aerosmith, they say they are an 80s-style pop rock band. The line up includes guitarists, Alex Bittles and Gary Connor, both 22 from Wisbech and drummer, Dave Forster, 24 from Corby. The band has been going for three years and met when they were students at Peterborough Regional College.
- 1 Man alleged to have kidnapped child sparks heavy police presence
- 2 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 3 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 4 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 7 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 8 Wisbech based Alan Hudson centre receives third outstanding award
- 9 Man who glassed another man in the head after a fight jailed
- 10 Cops catch out suspected drug driver who faked identity
The Brink is giving a farewell to England concert at Elme Hall, Wisbech on Sunday, December 20 at 4pm.
Matt said: "This is a family show, suitable for everyone. We will play our own songs and also some covers from The Beatles to Bon Jovi, all the way to The Zutons and Kaiser Chiefs."
INFORMATION: Tickets �3 on the door. See: www.myspace.com/thebrinkband and www.thebrinkband.net