We're off to Hollywood says the band which has two members from Fenland as members
A BAND called The Brink, with two members from Wisbech, is on the edge of international fame. Matt, Alex, Gary and Dave are going to Hollywood. The four-piece, all in their early 20s, have given up their day jobs teaching music to make an EP of their son
A BAND called The Brink, with two members from Wisbech, is on the edge of international fame.
Matt, Alex, Gary and Dave are going to Hollywood. The four-piece, all in their early 20s, have given up their day jobs teaching music to make an EP of their songs in Los Angeles.
The band has seven-week residency in The Galaxy Hotel in Hollywood where they will play on Sunday nights. They also hope to get interview slots on American radio stations.
Singer Matt Strafford, 22, from Ramsey said: "We are very excited about it. We have been teaching music in schools but we have now stopped teaching to play in the band full-time."
You may also want to watch:
The Brink was described on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire as "a cosmic collection of energy-driven individuals who rock".
With influences include Bon Jovi and Aerosmith, they say they are an 80s-style pop rock band. The line up includes guitarists, Alex Bittles and Gary Connor, both 22 from Wisbech and drummer, Dave Forster, 24 from Corby. The band has been going for three years and met when they were students at Peterborough Regional College.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
The Brink is giving a farewell to England concert at Elme Hall, Wisbech on Sunday, December 20 at 4pm.
Matt said: "This is a family show, suitable for everyone. We will play our own songs and also some covers from The Beatles to Bon Jovi, all the way to The Zutons and Kaiser Chiefs."
INFORMATION: Tickets �3 on the door. See: www.myspace.com/thebrinkband and www.thebrinkband.net