Waterlees In Bloom to hold litter pick day as part of Clean for the Queen campaign
- Credit: Archant
The Waterlees in Bloom/Streetpride group is holding a litter pick/action day on Friday March 4 as part of the Clean for the Queen campaign, which is to celebrate the Queen’s 90th Birthday.
Chris Stevens, Oasis Centre and Trust manager, said: “We will be joining forces with Circle Housing Roddons to blitz the ward and we would like to invite any residents who would like to join us.
“It would be wonderful if lots of people come along to be involved and even if you cannot stay the whole time, whatever you can do, will be a great help.”
The group will meet at the Oasis Community Centre at 12.30pm and plan to be back at the Centre at 3.30pm for refreshments.
The clean is part of Time Credits and equipment will be provided.
You may also want to watch:
If you wish to volunteer, call Jenna or Chris on 01945 461526 or turn up on the day.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running