Waterfront development due to start next year
A PRESTIGIOUS, imaginative development which the people of Wisbech should welcome with open arms. That is Councillor Roger Green s verdict on the Nene Waterfront Development which is due to get under way next year. Cllr Green, leader of Wisbech Town Counc
A PRESTIGIOUS, imaginative development which the people of Wisbech should welcome with open arms.
That is Councillor Roger Green's verdict on the Nene Waterfront Development which is due to get under way next year.
Cllr Green, leader of Wisbech Town Council, told fellow councillors the development was "the most exciting and economically important project undertaken in this part of the country since the Fens were drained".
He continued: "This £47million project will give us a visually attractive river frontage, 350 new homes, office and conference facilities, cafe and retail units, thus boosting our economic prosperity principally though tourism, commerce and industry - prosperity not only for Wisbech but for Fenland as a whole."
You may also want to watch:
Not only would the project regenerate a mainly derelict area beside the yacht marina but it would ensure the future prosperity not only of Wisbech but, more importantly, those who live and work in the town, and generations to come.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire