Waterfront development due to start next year
A PRESTIGIOUS, imaginative development which the people of Wisbech should welcome with open arms. That is Councillor Roger Green s verdict on the Nene Waterfront Development which is due to get under way next year. Cllr Green, leader of Wisbech Town Counc
A PRESTIGIOUS, imaginative development which the people of Wisbech should welcome with open arms.
That is Councillor Roger Green's verdict on the Nene Waterfront Development which is due to get under way next year.
Cllr Green, leader of Wisbech Town Council, told fellow councillors the development was "the most exciting and economically important project undertaken in this part of the country since the Fens were drained".
He continued: "This £47million project will give us a visually attractive river frontage, 350 new homes, office and conference facilities, cafe and retail units, thus boosting our economic prosperity principally though tourism, commerce and industry - prosperity not only for Wisbech but for Fenland as a whole."
You may also want to watch:
Not only would the project regenerate a mainly derelict area beside the yacht marina but it would ensure the future prosperity not only of Wisbech but, more importantly, those who live and work in the town, and generations to come.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl