Fill ‘em up! Where you can fill up your water bottle for free in Wisbech thanks to new refill scheme by Councillor Nick Meekins
- Credit: Supplied
There are now various locations around Wisbech where you can fill up your water bottle free of charge thanks to a new scheme.
The aptly named 'Water Bottle Refill Scheme' launched earlier this month and has been spearheaded by community champion, Councillor Nick Meekins.
From burger bars to the town's museum, a handful of businesses and organisations have committed to supplying complementary water to those who want it.
The Refill Organisation coordinates various refill schemes around the UK and works by signing up businesses to agree to display a sticker so people know you can fill up there.
Anyone can download the organisation's app so visitors to the town can easily find out where they can fill up their bottle with free tap water.
Cllr Meekins said: "It was a very exciting day after several weeks of planning. We had many visitors to our stand on the market place who were very enthusiastic about the scheme.
"Sally Argent and I visited many businesses in the market place area and around 80 per cent agreed to sign up to the scheme.
- 1 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 2 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 3 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 4 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 5 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 6 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 7 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Council has extra £18m in the kitty because of Covid
- 10 Wisbech Town searching for talented youngsters
"We will be visiting more businesses in the next few weeks as this is an ongoing programme and I would like to thank Costa who donated a refillable bottle for our free draw."
Businesses and organisations who have already signed up in Wisbech:
- Wisbech Town Council
- Beales Department Store
- Terry's Burger Bar
- Bygones Cafe
- The Globe Public House
- Loafer's Take Away
- The Rose and Crown Hotel
- Wisbech Wool Shop
- Sweet Retreats
- PT Flavours
- Wisbech and Fenland Museum
- Coyote Bar and Grill