Fill ‘em up! Where you can fill up your water bottle for free in Wisbech thanks to new refill scheme by Councillor Nick Meekins
- Credit: Supplied
There are now various locations around Wisbech where you can fill up your water bottle free of charge thanks to a new scheme.
The aptly named 'Water Bottle Refill Scheme' launched earlier this month and has been spearheaded by community champion, Councillor Nick Meekins.
From burger bars to the town's museum, a handful of businesses and organisations have committed to supplying complementary water to those who want it.
The Refill Organisation coordinates various refill schemes around the UK and works by signing up businesses to agree to display a sticker so people know you can fill up there.
Anyone can download the organisation's app so visitors to the town can easily find out where they can fill up their bottle with free tap water.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Meekins said: "It was a very exciting day after several weeks of planning. We had many visitors to our stand on the market place who were very enthusiastic about the scheme.
"Sally Argent and I visited many businesses in the market place area and around 80 per cent agreed to sign up to the scheme.
- 1 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 6 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 9 Showcase status for Academy
- 10 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
"We will be visiting more businesses in the next few weeks as this is an ongoing programme and I would like to thank Costa who donated a refillable bottle for our free draw."
Businesses and organisations who have already signed up in Wisbech:
- Wisbech Town Council
- Beales Department Store
- Terry's Burger Bar
- Bygones Cafe
- The Globe Public House
- Loafer's Take Away
- The Rose and Crown Hotel
- Wisbech Wool Shop
- Sweet Retreats
- PT Flavours
- Wisbech and Fenland Museum
- Coyote Bar and Grill