Warrant issued for arrest of woman who assaulted Rose and Crown hotel owner
A WARRANT has been issued for the arrest of a woman convicted of assaulting Wisbech hotelier Jonathan Davies. Forty-two-year-old Margaret Cassidy – who lives at the Rose and Crown Hotel – was found guilty of assaulting the hotel s co-owner on July 14, fol
A WARRANT has been issued for the arrest of a woman convicted of assaulting Wisbech hotelier Jonathan Davies.
Forty-two-year-old Margaret Cassidy - who lives at the Rose and Crown Hotel - was found guilty of assaulting the hotel's co-owner on July 14, following a trial back in November.
She was due to be sentenced by Fenland magistrates on Wednesday, but failed to turn up for the court hearing.
After the trial, the court had said it was considering all sentencing options and ordered a report from the probation service, asking for consideration to be given to anger management and alcohol treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The assault on Mr Davies had put Cassidy in breach of a six-week suspended jail sentence, imposed on her last August, for an offence of assaulting another co-owner of the Rose and Crown hotel Jacqueline Noot, and damaging a flower pot belonging to Ms Noot.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening