Warrant issued for arrest of woman who assaulted Rose and Crown hotel owner
A WARRANT has been issued for the arrest of a woman convicted of assaulting Wisbech hotelier Jonathan Davies. Forty-two-year-old Margaret Cassidy – who lives at the Rose and Crown Hotel – was found guilty of assaulting the hotel s co-owner on July 14, fol
A WARRANT has been issued for the arrest of a woman convicted of assaulting Wisbech hotelier Jonathan Davies.
Forty-two-year-old Margaret Cassidy - who lives at the Rose and Crown Hotel - was found guilty of assaulting the hotel's co-owner on July 14, following a trial back in November.
She was due to be sentenced by Fenland magistrates on Wednesday, but failed to turn up for the court hearing.
After the trial, the court had said it was considering all sentencing options and ordered a report from the probation service, asking for consideration to be given to anger management and alcohol treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The assault on Mr Davies had put Cassidy in breach of a six-week suspended jail sentence, imposed on her last August, for an offence of assaulting another co-owner of the Rose and Crown hotel Jacqueline Noot, and damaging a flower pot belonging to Ms Noot.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’