Warehouse staff at Anglia Components celebrate completing NVQ courses
WAREHOUSE staff at Anglia Components in Wisbech have completed NVQ qualifications, as part of the company s continuous improvement plan. The qualifications took staff between six and 16 months to complete, with some completing Level 2 courses and others g
WAREHOUSE staff at Anglia Components in Wisbech have completed NVQ qualifications, as part of the company's continuous improvement plan.
The qualifications took staff between six and 16 months to complete, with some completing Level 2 courses and others gaining a Level 3 pass.
The subjects included Distribution, Warehousing and Storage Operations; Assessing Candidates; Adult Numeracy; and Adult Literacy.
Jill Bowie, Anglia's operations manager, said: "Some people left school with no qualifications and this has given them the opportunity to gain a formal qualification. It has also resulted in improved confidence and self-esteem for some.
You may also want to watch:
"As a business it has also given teams a better understanding of how the business works and as a result more ideas for improvements have come forward and errors have reduced."
In future new warehouse employees will have to complete an NVQ at level 2 during their first year.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown