Warehouse staff at Anglia Components celebrate completing NVQ courses
WAREHOUSE staff at Anglia Components in Wisbech have completed NVQ qualifications, as part of the company s continuous improvement plan. The qualifications took staff between six and 16 months to complete, with some completing Level 2 courses and others g
WAREHOUSE staff at Anglia Components in Wisbech have completed NVQ qualifications, as part of the company's continuous improvement plan.
The qualifications took staff between six and 16 months to complete, with some completing Level 2 courses and others gaining a Level 3 pass.
The subjects included Distribution, Warehousing and Storage Operations; Assessing Candidates; Adult Numeracy; and Adult Literacy.
Jill Bowie, Anglia's operations manager, said: "Some people left school with no qualifications and this has given them the opportunity to gain a formal qualification. It has also resulted in improved confidence and self-esteem for some.
You may also want to watch:
"As a business it has also given teams a better understanding of how the business works and as a result more ideas for improvements have come forward and errors have reduced."
In future new warehouse employees will have to complete an NVQ at level 2 during their first year.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare