Warehouse staff at Anglia Components celebrate completing NVQ courses
WAREHOUSE staff at Anglia Components in Wisbech have completed NVQ qualifications, as part of the company s continuous improvement plan. The qualifications took staff between six and 16 months to complete, with some completing Level 2 courses and others g
WAREHOUSE staff at Anglia Components in Wisbech have completed NVQ qualifications, as part of the company's continuous improvement plan.
The qualifications took staff between six and 16 months to complete, with some completing Level 2 courses and others gaining a Level 3 pass.
The subjects included Distribution, Warehousing and Storage Operations; Assessing Candidates; Adult Numeracy; and Adult Literacy.
Jill Bowie, Anglia's operations manager, said: "Some people left school with no qualifications and this has given them the opportunity to gain a formal qualification. It has also resulted in improved confidence and self-esteem for some.
You may also want to watch:
"As a business it has also given teams a better understanding of how the business works and as a result more ideas for improvements have come forward and errors have reduced."
In future new warehouse employees will have to complete an NVQ at level 2 during their first year.
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away