Warehouse staff at Anglia Components celebrate completing NVQ courses
WAREHOUSE staff at Anglia Components in Wisbech have completed NVQ qualifications, as part of the company s continuous improvement plan. The qualifications took staff between six and 16 months to complete, with some completing Level 2 courses and others g
WAREHOUSE staff at Anglia Components in Wisbech have completed NVQ qualifications, as part of the company's continuous improvement plan.
The qualifications took staff between six and 16 months to complete, with some completing Level 2 courses and others gaining a Level 3 pass.
The subjects included Distribution, Warehousing and Storage Operations; Assessing Candidates; Adult Numeracy; and Adult Literacy.
Jill Bowie, Anglia's operations manager, said: "Some people left school with no qualifications and this has given them the opportunity to gain a formal qualification. It has also resulted in improved confidence and self-esteem for some.
You may also want to watch:
"As a business it has also given teams a better understanding of how the business works and as a result more ideas for improvements have come forward and errors have reduced."
In future new warehouse employees will have to complete an NVQ at level 2 during their first year.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in