Solicitors donate £1,670 to mental health charity
- Credit: WARD GETHIN ARCHER
Solicitors have donated £1,670 to a mental health charity.
Ward Gethin Archer presented a £1,500 cheque to Norfolk and Waveney Mind at the start of the week.
This was in addition to £170 of donations by Ward Gethin Archer staff.
A Ward Gethin Archer spokesman said: "Our mental health is very important and Mind do a fantastic job of supporting those with needs in the community with a wide range of services.
"These include one to one talking therapies, gardening projects, access to employment services, mental health training and education for businesses, schools and individuals, residential care and support programs.
"However, there are many people who they unfortunately cannot reach.
"As a charitable organisation, each session they run relies on funding and - although some sessions are funded for six months or so - when the funding comes to an end then so does the help and support given by Mind.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 5 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 6 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 9 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 10 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
Ward Gethin Archer has offices in Ely, Chatteris and Kings Lynn.