Have your say on a major housing estate of 1,500 homes being built in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
People are being given a chance to help shape a major development of 1,500 homes and a primary school, to the south of Walsoken, to be built over the next 15 years.
Two councils, alongside landowners and other stakeholders, have been working on a draft master plan for the area, being called East Wisbech.
A public consultation was held 18 months ago. Now, those driving the project want people to have their say on what is being proposed.
A spokesperson for Fenland District Council said: “The broad concept plan sets out how east Wisbech will grow.
“It is a hugely important document which demonstrates a shared commitment to develop the area, enabling it to grow and prosper.
You may also want to watch:
“People living in the area will be affected by this plan and what it sets out to achieve for the benefit of the local community, the town and Fenland as a whole, so we hope as many people as possible will share their views.”
The exercise will add feedback from the original exercise and those involved say the plan will help shape the East Wisbech development to deliver around 1,500 new homes, a new primary school and local centre, as well as associated infrastructure.
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 3 £1,000 donation will help bring school swimming pool back to life
- 4 LETTER: Why I quit as an independent to re-join Tories
- 5 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 6 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 7 Community order for woman who spat at police officer in 'vile assault'
- 8 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 9 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 10 Police seize e-scooter as part of action plan following hit-and-run
The new housing is earmarked for an area to the south of Walsoken.
It has already been approved in principle through the Local Plans that have been adopted by Fenland District Council and the Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk.
Now people are being invited to have their say on the draft plan itself.
• Public consultation begins on Thursday, April 12, and will run for three weeks until midnight on Thursday, May 3.
• A consultation exhibition is at Walsoken Village Hall, Kirkgate Street, Wisbech, on Monday, April 23, from 2pm to 8pm, when staff and stakeholders will be on hand to answer any questions.
• Details of the proposed Broad Concept Plan will be on Fenland District Council’s website from Thursday, April 12 at www.fenland.gov.uk/consultations.
• The development, already part of the two councils’ Local Plans, is expected to be completed within the next 15 years. It is completely separate from the Wisbech Garden Town proposal, which is a much longer-term vision, say FDC.