WALSOKEN: Three people released on bail following dawn raid on scrap yard
THREE people arrested after a massive search operation at a scrap yard in Walsoken on Tuesday have all been released on police bail.Police said today that that a 55-year-old man from the Walsoken area, a 34-year-old man from the Wisbech area
THREE people arrested after a massive search operation at a scrap yard in Walsoken on Tuesday have all been released on police bail.
Police said today that that a 55-year-old man from the Walsoken area, a 34-year-old man from the Wisbech area and a 23-year-old woman from the Wisbech area have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
As reported on this website, police wearing riot gear stormed a house in Wheatley Bank at the break of dawn.
They had joined forces with the Environment Agency, Health and Safety Executive, HMRC Criminal Taxation Unit, Smartwater and the UK Border Agency, for the operation.
You may also want to watch:
The purpose of the operation was to tackle the illegal purchase and sale of vehicles and parts, which is believed to take place on the site.
The yard has been the subject of an extensive and thorough investigation by the agencies for the past year.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
Also included in the operation was Norfolk Police's specialist Operation RADAR team, Police Search Teams, the Police Support Unit, CID, Safer Neighbourhood Teams, Air Support, the Economic Crime Unit and Cambridgeshire Police.