Walsoken salon VIP Hair hoping to match last year’s impressive fund-raising haul at tomorrow’s Macmillan Coffee Morning
- Credit: Archant
VIP Hair will host Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning tomorrow in Kirkgate Street, Walsoken.
The salon has hosted the event for a number of years and last year raised more than £2,000.
The busy stylists will be working as normal on the day and generous volunteers will help to serve tea and cakes in front of the salon. On offer will be plants, cakes, preserves and a raffle.
Owner Linda Pepper said: “We have been fortunate with the weather being kind in the past.
“We have tables and chairs set out in front of the salon for people to join us for coffee, cake and a chat.
You may also want to watch:
“It has a lovely atmosphere and many people are generous towards this deserving charity that helps so many sufferers and their families.”
The Light Cinema, Cromwell Road, Wisbech, is holding a coffee morning between 10am and 1pm.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide