Walsoken salon VIP Hair hoping to match last year’s impressive fund-raising haul at tomorrow’s Macmillan Coffee Morning
- Credit: Archant
VIP Hair will host Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning tomorrow in Kirkgate Street, Walsoken.
The salon has hosted the event for a number of years and last year raised more than £2,000.
The busy stylists will be working as normal on the day and generous volunteers will help to serve tea and cakes in front of the salon. On offer will be plants, cakes, preserves and a raffle.
Owner Linda Pepper said: “We have been fortunate with the weather being kind in the past.
“We have tables and chairs set out in front of the salon for people to join us for coffee, cake and a chat.
You may also want to watch:
“It has a lovely atmosphere and many people are generous towards this deserving charity that helps so many sufferers and their families.”
The Light Cinema, Cromwell Road, Wisbech, is holding a coffee morning between 10am and 1pm.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident