Walsoken Post Office to close for three days for refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
The Post Office in Walsoken will close for three days next month for refurbishment.
The Kirkgate Street office will close on November 6 at 5.30pm and reopen on November 9 at 1pm.
The updated branch will feature three screens and will be open an extra 28 hours a week.
The main counters will be open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm and the Post Office serving point will be open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 6pm and from 8am to 4pm on Sundays.
Peter Wilkinson, Post Office area manager, said: “We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
You may also want to watch:
“We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs. This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.”
- 1 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 2 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs