Walsoken Post Office to close for three days for refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
The Post Office in Walsoken will close for three days next month for refurbishment.
The Kirkgate Street office will close on November 6 at 5.30pm and reopen on November 9 at 1pm.
The updated branch will feature three screens and will be open an extra 28 hours a week.
The main counters will be open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm and the Post Office serving point will be open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 6pm and from 8am to 4pm on Sundays.
Peter Wilkinson, Post Office area manager, said: “We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
You may also want to watch:
“We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs. This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening