Walsoken man says he has told police who is responsible for dumping 200 tyres near home ... but nothing’s been done
- Credit: Archant
Two hundred tyres were dumped near to Brian Lakey’s home six months ago ... despite his repeated calls to the authorities, they are still there today.
Mr Lakey says he knows who is responsible for the tyre mountain in a car park next to his home on Green Lane, Walsoken.
He says he caught the culprit “red-handed” and passed on their details to Norfolk Police. However, nothing has been done and the tyres have not been moved.
There have been a spate of tyre dumpings across Fenland in recent months. Last month, a truck driver reversed down Barkers Lane in March and dumped tyres in a drainage ditch.
Mr Lakey said: “This happened on November 22. I caught the culprit red-handed and reported it to Norfolk Police. I gave them the registration number of the vehicle. But they haven’t taken any notice whatsoever.
You may also want to watch:
“The 200-odd tyres are still there. I don’t know why there has been no response from Norfolk Police.”
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman
- 10 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail