Walsoken man says he has told police who is responsible for dumping 200 tyres near home ... but nothing’s been done
- Credit: Archant
Two hundred tyres were dumped near to Brian Lakey’s home six months ago ... despite his repeated calls to the authorities, they are still there today.
Mr Lakey says he knows who is responsible for the tyre mountain in a car park next to his home on Green Lane, Walsoken.
He says he caught the culprit “red-handed” and passed on their details to Norfolk Police. However, nothing has been done and the tyres have not been moved.
There have been a spate of tyre dumpings across Fenland in recent months. Last month, a truck driver reversed down Barkers Lane in March and dumped tyres in a drainage ditch.
Mr Lakey said: “This happened on November 22. I caught the culprit red-handed and reported it to Norfolk Police. I gave them the registration number of the vehicle. But they haven’t taken any notice whatsoever.
You may also want to watch:
“The 200-odd tyres are still there. I don’t know why there has been no response from Norfolk Police.”
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery