Walsoken man says he has told police who is responsible for dumping 200 tyres near home ... but nothing’s been done
- Credit: Archant
Two hundred tyres were dumped near to Brian Lakey’s home six months ago ... despite his repeated calls to the authorities, they are still there today.
Mr Lakey says he knows who is responsible for the tyre mountain in a car park next to his home on Green Lane, Walsoken.
He says he caught the culprit “red-handed” and passed on their details to Norfolk Police. However, nothing has been done and the tyres have not been moved.
There have been a spate of tyre dumpings across Fenland in recent months. Last month, a truck driver reversed down Barkers Lane in March and dumped tyres in a drainage ditch.
Mr Lakey said: “This happened on November 22. I caught the culprit red-handed and reported it to Norfolk Police. I gave them the registration number of the vehicle. But they haven’t taken any notice whatsoever.
“The 200-odd tyres are still there. I don’t know why there has been no response from Norfolk Police.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 6 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys