WALSOKEN: High court settlement agreed after 82 year old woman left brain damaged after crash
A SETTLEMENT is expected to be lodged with the High Court after an 82 year-old woman was left brain damaged after an accident. Selso Crawford s insurers have reached agreement after he was involved in an accident which seriously injured Ethel Turner of St
A SETTLEMENT is expected to be lodged with the High Court after an 82 year-old woman was left brain damaged after an accident.
Selso Crawford's insurers have reached agreement after he was involved in an accident which seriously injured Ethel Turner of Staithe Road, Walsoken.
Ms Turner, then 82, lodged a claim for damages after she suffered a skull fracture causing brain damage.
"As a result of this she has been rendered incapable of managing her own affairs," says a claim form registered with the Queen's Bench Division of the High Court of Justice.
You may also want to watch:
Court papers show that a friend with a power of attorney had been registered with the Court of Protection to handle the claim.
"The court's approval is now sought for the settlement reached between the parties," said the application to the court.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
The court documents reveal that the accident happened on November 22 and that Crawford, of Linstead Way, London, had admitted liability.