WALSOKEN: High court settlement agreed after 82 year old woman left brain damaged after crash
A SETTLEMENT is expected to be lodged with the High Court after an 82 year-old woman was left brain damaged after an accident. Selso Crawford s insurers have reached agreement after he was involved in an accident which seriously injured Ethel Turner of St
A SETTLEMENT is expected to be lodged with the High Court after an 82 year-old woman was left brain damaged after an accident.
Selso Crawford's insurers have reached agreement after he was involved in an accident which seriously injured Ethel Turner of Staithe Road, Walsoken.
Ms Turner, then 82, lodged a claim for damages after she suffered a skull fracture causing brain damage.
"As a result of this she has been rendered incapable of managing her own affairs," says a claim form registered with the Queen's Bench Division of the High Court of Justice.
You may also want to watch:
Court papers show that a friend with a power of attorney had been registered with the Court of Protection to handle the claim.
"The court's approval is now sought for the settlement reached between the parties," said the application to the court.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
The court documents reveal that the accident happened on November 22 and that Crawford, of Linstead Way, London, had admitted liability.