Hickathrift House help Walsoken couple celebrate their 73rd wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A couple from Walsoken celebrated their 73rd wedding anniversary at Hickathrift House in Wisbech thanks to the help of staff at the care home.
Ernie and Paul Johnson missed out on celebrating their actual anniversary on June 23 due to Ernie being in hospital at the time and he wanted to make it up to Pearl.
Ernie, who is staying at Hickathrift House for some respite following his hospital stay, asked staff to help him put a plan in action.
Staff set up a private dining area in the home where Pearl joined Ernie for a romantic meal and he was waiting with a bunch of flowers and looking dapper in his bow tie.
Ernie and Pearl married in 1945 and haven’t been apart from each other until recently due to Ernie’s ill health.
You may also want to watch:
Pearl said: “It was such a fantastic day and I didn’t expect any of it. Thank you so much to everyone.”
Ceri Mills, general manager at Hickathrift House, said: “We had such a lovely day celebrating Ernie and Pearl’s anniversary.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
“It’s so wonderful to see two people still very much in love after all these years.”
Hickathrift House care home is run by Barchester Healthcare, one of the UK’s largest care providers.
It provides residential care and dementia care for 52 residents from respite care to long term stays.