Carols by candlelight at Walpole St Peter Church
- Credit: Archant
A stunning service of carols by candlelight marked the third Sunday of Advent at Walpole St Peter’s Church.
The annual event started at 3pm on December 16 and was a celebration of yuletide cheer and festive musical arrangements.
As the lights were dimmed, candles lit the way into the church before carols such as Once in Royal David’s City and Silent Night were sung.
Mince Pies and mulled wine were served after as the choir and guests reminisced over Christmas from the past.
The church is often referred to as the queen of the marshlands and cathedral of the Fens and many experts believe that it is one of the finest churches in England.
You may also want to watch:
Since 1963 the church has hosted the annual Walpole St. Peter Flower Festival and its popularity makes it one of the most visited country churches in England.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000