Carols by candlelight at Walpole St Peter Church
- Credit: Archant
A stunning service of carols by candlelight marked the third Sunday of Advent at Walpole St Peter’s Church.
The annual event started at 3pm on December 16 and was a celebration of yuletide cheer and festive musical arrangements.
As the lights were dimmed, candles lit the way into the church before carols such as Once in Royal David’s City and Silent Night were sung.
Mince Pies and mulled wine were served after as the choir and guests reminisced over Christmas from the past.
The church is often referred to as the queen of the marshlands and cathedral of the Fens and many experts believe that it is one of the finest churches in England.
You may also want to watch:
Since 1963 the church has hosted the annual Walpole St. Peter Flower Festival and its popularity makes it one of the most visited country churches in England.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 6 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured