Walpole St Andrew student Stephanie and five friends set themselves £2k fundraising target for charity 20-mile canoe
A teenager from Walpole St Andrew and five of her friends will canoe 20 miles along the Norfolk Boards to raise money for the Royal British Legion.
Easton College student Stephanie Leeks, 19, together with Aimee Shaw, Max Adams, Luke Knights, Shannon Parfitt and William Yarham, will undertake the challenge on April 21. They hope to raise more than £2000.
Miss Leeks said: “Our event was decided as we didn’t want to do an easy ordinary event for our college assignment.
“We wanted to do something which had a sense if a challenge and to show the public that not every teen is a trouble maker. We are trying to get away from the typical stereotypes of teenagers.
“All of the equipment for the event has been kindly donated from The CanoeMan in Worxham, Norfolk. We plan for the challenge to take about nine hours to complete.”
You may also want to watch:
You can follow the group on Twitter at @20MileCanoe or search Facebook for 20 Mile Canoe.
To make a donation, go to uk.virginmoneygiving.comteam20milecanoechallenge
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience