Walpole St Andrew student Stephanie and five friends set themselves £2k fundraising target for charity 20-mile canoe
A teenager from Walpole St Andrew and five of her friends will canoe 20 miles along the Norfolk Boards to raise money for the Royal British Legion.
Easton College student Stephanie Leeks, 19, together with Aimee Shaw, Max Adams, Luke Knights, Shannon Parfitt and William Yarham, will undertake the challenge on April 21. They hope to raise more than £2000.
Miss Leeks said: “Our event was decided as we didn’t want to do an easy ordinary event for our college assignment.
“We wanted to do something which had a sense if a challenge and to show the public that not every teen is a trouble maker. We are trying to get away from the typical stereotypes of teenagers.
“All of the equipment for the event has been kindly donated from The CanoeMan in Worxham, Norfolk. We plan for the challenge to take about nine hours to complete.”
You may also want to watch:
You can follow the group on Twitter at @20MileCanoe or search Facebook for 20 Mile Canoe.
To make a donation, go to uk.virginmoneygiving.comteam20milecanoechallenge
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 4 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 5 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 6 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 9 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90