Walpole St Andrew student Stephanie and five friends set themselves £2k fundraising target for charity 20-mile canoe
A teenager from Walpole St Andrew and five of her friends will canoe 20 miles along the Norfolk Boards to raise money for the Royal British Legion.
Easton College student Stephanie Leeks, 19, together with Aimee Shaw, Max Adams, Luke Knights, Shannon Parfitt and William Yarham, will undertake the challenge on April 21. They hope to raise more than £2000.
Miss Leeks said: “Our event was decided as we didn’t want to do an easy ordinary event for our college assignment.
“We wanted to do something which had a sense if a challenge and to show the public that not every teen is a trouble maker. We are trying to get away from the typical stereotypes of teenagers.
“All of the equipment for the event has been kindly donated from The CanoeMan in Worxham, Norfolk. We plan for the challenge to take about nine hours to complete.”
You can follow the group on Twitter at @20MileCanoe or search Facebook for 20 Mile Canoe.
To make a donation, go to uk.virginmoneygiving.comteam20milecanoechallenge
- 1 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 2 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 3 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 4 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 5 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
- 10 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs