WALPOLE HIGHWAY: Reward offered for return of parrot swept away by gust of wind
A REWARD has been offered for the return of a parrot, which was swept away by a gust of wind when being carried into a Fenland home from a garden cage. Morgan, an African Grey parrot, was swept away on Tuesday afternoon as his owner, Lesley Griffey from W
A REWARD has been offered for the return of a parrot, which was swept away by a gust of wind when being carried into a Fenland home from a garden cage.
Morgan, an African Grey parrot, was swept away on Tuesday afternoon as his owner, Lesley Griffey from Walpole Highway, moved him inside.
"There was a gust of wind, Morgan was flapping and trying to hold on to the perch I was carrying him on, and he was literally blown away," said Mrs Griffey, of Lynn Road.
"I found him up a tree in my garden later that day and tried to get him down using a ladder, but then there was another gust of wind and I have not seen him since."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "He has clipped wings and in the 18 months I have owned him he has never flown.
Mrs Griffey has spent hours searching around Walpole Highway for Morgan since he went missing. She has also hung up posters and handed out flyers.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
Members of the charity Parrot Rescue - based in Kent - also visited on Tuesday night and helped look for Morgan, but in vain.
However, there was a reported sighting in the Mill Road area yesterday (Thursday), but a three-hour search by Mrs Griffey proved unsuccessful.
Morgan has a striking red tail and a silver ring on one of his legs. He responds to the name Morgan, or Morgie, and he whistles the tunes to Star Wars, The Addams Family and Kill Bill.
Mrs Griffey said: "I will offer a small reward for anyone who finds him. It would be fantastic if you can catch him in a box. If not, call me and I will get there as soon as possible."
CONTACT: Mrs Griffey on 07710 995587.