Walpole St Peter’s Church filled with colour for flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Colour fills one of the most beautiful churches in the Fens as it stages its annual flower festival.
Walpole St Peter’s Church has been decked out with displays on the theme of weddings through the years, as it stages its 57th festival.
There are also market stalls selling cakes, jewellery, books, jigsawas, bric-a-brac, fresh produce as well as activities, demonstrations, games, music and dancing.
Savouries, cakes and hot and cold drinks are being served all day in the marquee cafe, too, with salad lunches served in the dining hall from 12noon.
The event got under way with a peal of bells on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday’s highlights included the flower festival service, train rides, balsa wood gliders and ukulele band.
There is maypole dancing at 1.30pm today (Monday June 4) while the Anthony Curton School Choir will perform at 1.30pm on Tuesday.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
The event runs from 9am - 5pm daily until Wednesday June 6.
Entry and parking is free, and there is disabled access and facilities.
Visit www.walpolestpeterschurch.org or search Facebook for more information.