Walpole St Peter’s Church filled with colour for flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Colour fills one of the most beautiful churches in the Fens as it stages its annual flower festival.
Walpole St Peter’s Church has been decked out with displays on the theme of weddings through the years, as it stages its 57th festival.
There are also market stalls selling cakes, jewellery, books, jigsawas, bric-a-brac, fresh produce as well as activities, demonstrations, games, music and dancing.
Savouries, cakes and hot and cold drinks are being served all day in the marquee cafe, too, with salad lunches served in the dining hall from 12noon.
The event got under way with a peal of bells on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday’s highlights included the flower festival service, train rides, balsa wood gliders and ukulele band.
There is maypole dancing at 1.30pm today (Monday June 4) while the Anthony Curton School Choir will perform at 1.30pm on Tuesday.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
The event runs from 9am - 5pm daily until Wednesday June 6.
Entry and parking is free, and there is disabled access and facilities.
Visit www.walpolestpeterschurch.org or search Facebook for more information.