Walpole St Peter’s Church filled with colour for flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Colour fills one of the most beautiful churches in the Fens as it stages its annual flower festival.
Walpole St Peter’s Church has been decked out with displays on the theme of weddings through the years, as it stages its 57th festival.
There are also market stalls selling cakes, jewellery, books, jigsawas, bric-a-brac, fresh produce as well as activities, demonstrations, games, music and dancing.
Savouries, cakes and hot and cold drinks are being served all day in the marquee cafe, too, with salad lunches served in the dining hall from 12noon.
The event got under way with a peal of bells on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday’s highlights included the flower festival service, train rides, balsa wood gliders and ukulele band.
There is maypole dancing at 1.30pm today (Monday June 4) while the Anthony Curton School Choir will perform at 1.30pm on Tuesday.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 9 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder
The event runs from 9am - 5pm daily until Wednesday June 6.
Entry and parking is free, and there is disabled access and facilities.
Visit www.walpolestpeterschurch.org or search Facebook for more information.