Walpole St Peter’s Church filled with colour for flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Colour fills one of the most beautiful churches in the Fens as it stages its annual flower festival.
Walpole St Peter’s Church has been decked out with displays on the theme of weddings through the years, as it stages its 57th festival.
There are also market stalls selling cakes, jewellery, books, jigsawas, bric-a-brac, fresh produce as well as activities, demonstrations, games, music and dancing.
Savouries, cakes and hot and cold drinks are being served all day in the marquee cafe, too, with salad lunches served in the dining hall from 12noon.
The event got under way with a peal of bells on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday’s highlights included the flower festival service, train rides, balsa wood gliders and ukulele band.
There is maypole dancing at 1.30pm today (Monday June 4) while the Anthony Curton School Choir will perform at 1.30pm on Tuesday.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
The event runs from 9am - 5pm daily until Wednesday June 6.
Entry and parking is free, and there is disabled access and facilities.
Visit www.walpolestpeterschurch.org or search Facebook for more information.