Walkers enjoy birdsong of Wisbech Park during Dawn Chorus tour
NATURE-lovers were treated to the birdsong of Wisbech Park during a Dawn Chorus Day guided tour.
A group of keen residents walked through the park during the 5am tour, which was led by Paul Stancliffe, the Education Officer for the British Trust for Ornithology.
Mr Stancliffe told walkers about the birdlife, the variety of species that live in the park and small tricks residents can carry out to help them thrive.
Wisbech Park has a high density of song thrushes and house sparrows - both of which are endangered species.
Walkers were treated to a free bacon rolls cooked by B&B Catering and courtesy of Richard Plater, Tesco and ASDA.
You may also want to watch:
The event organisers thanked Premier Foods and Number 10 for their sponsorship, as well as three anonymous sponsors.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March