Walkers enjoy birdsong of Wisbech Park during Dawn Chorus tour
NATURE-lovers were treated to the birdsong of Wisbech Park during a Dawn Chorus Day guided tour.
A group of keen residents walked through the park during the 5am tour, which was led by Paul Stancliffe, the Education Officer for the British Trust for Ornithology.
Mr Stancliffe told walkers about the birdlife, the variety of species that live in the park and small tricks residents can carry out to help them thrive.
Wisbech Park has a high density of song thrushes and house sparrows - both of which are endangered species.
Walkers were treated to a free bacon rolls cooked by B&B Catering and courtesy of Richard Plater, Tesco and ASDA.
You may also want to watch:
The event organisers thanked Premier Foods and Number 10 for their sponsorship, as well as three anonymous sponsors.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan