Walkers enjoy birdsong of Wisbech Park during Dawn Chorus tour
NATURE-lovers were treated to the birdsong of Wisbech Park during a Dawn Chorus Day guided tour.
A group of keen residents walked through the park during the 5am tour, which was led by Paul Stancliffe, the Education Officer for the British Trust for Ornithology.
Mr Stancliffe told walkers about the birdlife, the variety of species that live in the park and small tricks residents can carry out to help them thrive.
Wisbech Park has a high density of song thrushes and house sparrows - both of which are endangered species.
Walkers were treated to a free bacon rolls cooked by B&B Catering and courtesy of Richard Plater, Tesco and ASDA.
You may also want to watch:
The event organisers thanked Premier Foods and Number 10 for their sponsorship, as well as three anonymous sponsors.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time