Vote for Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech to win £25,000 grant
- Credit: Archant
The Queen Mary Centre (QMC), Wisbech, is appealing for support to win a funding bid in the OneFamily Foundation Community Awards, which will help keep community groups warm this winter.
Public votes are needed to win a £25,000 grant from the OneFamily Foundation Community Award scheme to install a new boiler for the centre, which is currently home to over 60 community groups.
The cost of the new heating system for the QMC is £29,000.
Keith Smith, director of Luminus Ferry Project who run the centre, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to fund a project that benefits so many local people.
“We’re hoping that the community will get behind us and support this worthwhile cause.
You may also want to watch:
“Please spare five minutes to vote for the QMC and turn your time into money for this much needed project.”
The voting window closes on Wednesday November 30. To vote visit www.foundation.onefamily.com/projects/the-queen-mary-centre/
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 5 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 9 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour
For more information visit www.queenmarycentre.co.uk