Vote for Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech to win £25,000 grant
- Credit: Archant
The Queen Mary Centre (QMC), Wisbech, is appealing for support to win a funding bid in the OneFamily Foundation Community Awards, which will help keep community groups warm this winter.
Public votes are needed to win a £25,000 grant from the OneFamily Foundation Community Award scheme to install a new boiler for the centre, which is currently home to over 60 community groups.
The cost of the new heating system for the QMC is £29,000.
Keith Smith, director of Luminus Ferry Project who run the centre, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to fund a project that benefits so many local people.
“We’re hoping that the community will get behind us and support this worthwhile cause.
You may also want to watch:
“Please spare five minutes to vote for the QMC and turn your time into money for this much needed project.”
The voting window closes on Wednesday November 30. To vote visit www.foundation.onefamily.com/projects/the-queen-mary-centre/
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
For more information visit www.queenmarycentre.co.uk