Vote for Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech to win £25,000 grant
- Credit: Archant
The Queen Mary Centre (QMC), Wisbech, is appealing for support to win a funding bid in the OneFamily Foundation Community Awards, which will help keep community groups warm this winter.
Public votes are needed to win a £25,000 grant from the OneFamily Foundation Community Award scheme to install a new boiler for the centre, which is currently home to over 60 community groups.
The cost of the new heating system for the QMC is £29,000.
Keith Smith, director of Luminus Ferry Project who run the centre, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to fund a project that benefits so many local people.
“We’re hoping that the community will get behind us and support this worthwhile cause.
“Please spare five minutes to vote for the QMC and turn your time into money for this much needed project.”
The voting window closes on Wednesday November 30. To vote visit www.foundation.onefamily.com/projects/the-queen-mary-centre/
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 8 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
For more information visit www.queenmarycentre.co.uk