Vote for Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech to win £25,000 grant
- Credit: Archant
The Queen Mary Centre (QMC), Wisbech, is appealing for support to win a funding bid in the OneFamily Foundation Community Awards, which will help keep community groups warm this winter.
Public votes are needed to win a £25,000 grant from the OneFamily Foundation Community Award scheme to install a new boiler for the centre, which is currently home to over 60 community groups.
The cost of the new heating system for the QMC is £29,000.
Keith Smith, director of Luminus Ferry Project who run the centre, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to fund a project that benefits so many local people.
“We’re hoping that the community will get behind us and support this worthwhile cause.
You may also want to watch:
“Please spare five minutes to vote for the QMC and turn your time into money for this much needed project.”
The voting window closes on Wednesday November 30. To vote visit www.foundation.onefamily.com/projects/the-queen-mary-centre/
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 5 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 6 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 7 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Covid cases down at Norfolk hospital, but concerns remain over roof
For more information visit www.queenmarycentre.co.uk