Volunteers will again hit the catwalk when Wisbech Salvation Army fashion show returns
- Credit: Archant
Charity shop volunteers will once again be transformed into glamorous models when the Salvation Army holds a fashion show next month.
Last May, the Salvation Army shop, of John Thompson Road, in Wisbech, raised more than £300 with a fashion show at the Salvation Army Hall.
The show proved so popular that it will be run again on September 19 at the same venue, 3pm start.
All items modelled will be from the shop and available to buy afterwards.
Salvation Army youth worker Claire Kinsey said: “We did it last year and it turned out to be very popular, with people buying the clothes afterwards.
“We’ve saved up some of the best items the shop has received and they will be modelled by volunteers.”
Tickets are £3.50 including tea and cake are available from the charity shop and hall or on 01945 461416. Under 10s get in for free if accompanied by an adult.
- 1 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections