Volunteers urgently needed to help Poppy Appeal in Wisbech
VOLUNTEERS are urgently needed throughout late October/early November to help the Poppy Appeal in Wisbech. Volunteers are crucial to make sure that people can get their poppies in time for Remembrance Sunday. Community Fundraiser Adele Richmond said: We
VOLUNTEERS are urgently needed throughout late October/early November to help the Poppy Appeal in Wisbech.
Volunteers are crucial to make sure that people can get their poppies in time for Remembrance Sunday.
Community Fundraiser Adele Richmond said: "We are asking people to give up just two hours of their time to help the Appeal.
"Two hours collecting can raise approximately �50-�100 for the Poppy Appeal.
"Many of the Legion's existing Poppy Appeal organisers and collectors have been helping for many years but some are now getting too elderly or disabled to continue and we desperately need some younger people to come forward to help."
The Poppy Appeal helps people of all ages, providing financial, social and emotional support to those who have been affected by conflict.
- 1 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 7 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
- 8 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 9 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 10 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
This includes helping people secure War Disablement and War Pensions, supporting claims for compensation, advising on employment and training and providing day care services, full nursing care and welfare breaks for veterans and their families.
Adele said: "There is hardly a week goes by at present without images on the television of the current conflict in Afghanistan and the loss of servicemen and women.
"However, we don't always hear about the number of people who have been injured and who may need some kind of care for the rest of their lives. This is why the Poppy Appeal is needed today as much as it has ever been."
• If you help lighten the load on the Wisbech Poppy Organiser contact Adele on 01480 432753. Alternatively, email Adele by clicking here.