Volunteers to oversee Waterlees playground in Wisbech wanted by Cambs County Council
AN appeal has been launched to find volunteers to oversee the operation of the new adventure playground in Waterlees Road, Wisbech. Planning permission has been granted for the adventure playground for eight to 14-year-olds to be built on the Spinney. One
AN appeal has been launched to find volunteers to oversee the operation of the new adventure playground in Waterlees Road, Wisbech.
Planning permission has been granted for the adventure playground for eight to 14-year-olds to be built on the Spinney.
One of the conditions of the planning consent is that a resident liaison group is set up to make sure the building and running of the playground meets the needs of residents.
Organisers from Cambridgeshire County Council are looking for volunteers, preferably from the Waterlees ward, willing to join this group.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped the group will include both those in favour of the development, and those concerned about its impact on the local community.
Meetings will be held at the Oasis Centre and once the development starts there will be regular updates from the contractor and the opportunity to go on-site.
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 3 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 6 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 9 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 10 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
To register interest, contact Jane Leet on 01954 273357 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org giving contact details, reason for interest, and availability for meetings by Friday March 5.