Volunteers are celebrated at a Wisbech care home
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech care home has held a meal to thank the volunteers who help out at the setting.
Hickathrift House took part in National Volunteers Recognition Day which honours the legions of volunteers who dedicate themselves to causes and helping others.
A spokesman for Hickathrift said: “They are making a big difference to the lives of millions of people all over the world. They are saving lives.
“They are improving lives and providing comfort. Most volunteers do not ask for recognition. They just want to help and to “give back” where they can.
“At Hickathrift we wanted to recognise and thank all of our volunteers that make such a difference to the residents and staff here at the home so we decided to invite them all to lunch with our residents.”
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers enjoyed a three-course meal and were each presented with a thank you card handmade by the residents as well as a cookbook and travel mug.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000