Volunteers are celebrated at a Wisbech care home
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech care home has held a meal to thank the volunteers who help out at the setting.
Hickathrift House took part in National Volunteers Recognition Day which honours the legions of volunteers who dedicate themselves to causes and helping others.
A spokesman for Hickathrift said: “They are making a big difference to the lives of millions of people all over the world. They are saving lives.
“They are improving lives and providing comfort. Most volunteers do not ask for recognition. They just want to help and to “give back” where they can.
“At Hickathrift we wanted to recognise and thank all of our volunteers that make such a difference to the residents and staff here at the home so we decided to invite them all to lunch with our residents.”
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers enjoyed a three-course meal and were each presented with a thank you card handmade by the residents as well as a cookbook and travel mug.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land