Twenty-strong team at Volmary in Wisbech to take on King’s Lynn GEAR 10km run in aid of Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Twenty staff members at a Wisbech firm will run 10km with the aim of raising £2,500 for a charity that’s close to their heart.
The team at Volmary are taking part in the annual King’s Lynn GEAR 10km run on Sunday May 6.
Employee Glinys Akred, who has lymph node cancer, chose Cancer Research UK after being asked to nominate a cause she feels close to.
Managing director Wayne Eady said: “I am so proud of my team at Volmary. They are like a big family and the support they give to one another both at work and in their social time is a credit to the human spirit.
“When a member of the Volmary family is affected by something, they rally round to do great things and every time show their commitment to their friends and colleagues.
“The whole team is very determined to raise our target of £2,500 to support Cancer research and Glinys in helping to fight this disease and deal with the symptoms.”
Anyone who would like to help can donate on Volmary’s Just Giving page: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lee-williams48 or call in to their office in Wisbech St Mary where a sponsorship form is in the main reception area.
- 1 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 4 Care at Home – because home (truly) is where the heart is…
- 5 Man admits west Norfolk arson
- 6 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 7 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 8 Ferry Project charity to host job fair in Wisbech
- 9 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 10 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
The company employs over 150 local people and runs an apprenticeship programme which has given jobs and training to 25 apprentices in the last five years.
Nationally, Volmary has also raised funds for Children in Need, Macmillan Cancer Support and Cancer Research.
Volmary is an international, independent and family owned company with headquarters in Muenster, Germany.
Since 1925, and now in the hands of the third generation, Volmary describes itself as an innovative and tradition-conscious vegetable and flower growing company making the world more colourful.
The Grand East Anglia Run (GEAR) 10K will take place on Sunday May 6.
The well established run is being staged by Run For All in partnership with Alive Leisure and the Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk.
Visit www.runforall.com/events/10k/kings-lynn-gear-10k/ for more information.