Twenty-strong team at Volmary in Wisbech to take on King’s Lynn GEAR 10km run in aid of Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Twenty staff members at a Wisbech firm will run 10km with the aim of raising £2,500 for a charity that’s close to their heart.
The team at Volmary are taking part in the annual King’s Lynn GEAR 10km run on Sunday May 6.
Employee Glinys Akred, who has lymph node cancer, chose Cancer Research UK after being asked to nominate a cause she feels close to.
Managing director Wayne Eady said: “I am so proud of my team at Volmary. They are like a big family and the support they give to one another both at work and in their social time is a credit to the human spirit.
“When a member of the Volmary family is affected by something, they rally round to do great things and every time show their commitment to their friends and colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole team is very determined to raise our target of £2,500 to support Cancer research and Glinys in helping to fight this disease and deal with the symptoms.”
Anyone who would like to help can donate on Volmary’s Just Giving page: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lee-williams48 or call in to their office in Wisbech St Mary where a sponsorship form is in the main reception area.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
The company employs over 150 local people and runs an apprenticeship programme which has given jobs and training to 25 apprentices in the last five years.
Nationally, Volmary has also raised funds for Children in Need, Macmillan Cancer Support and Cancer Research.
Volmary is an international, independent and family owned company with headquarters in Muenster, Germany.
Since 1925, and now in the hands of the third generation, Volmary describes itself as an innovative and tradition-conscious vegetable and flower growing company making the world more colourful.
The Grand East Anglia Run (GEAR) 10K will take place on Sunday May 6.
The well established run is being staged by Run For All in partnership with Alive Leisure and the Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk.
Visit www.runforall.com/events/10k/kings-lynn-gear-10k/ for more information.