VOICE OF THE FENS: Tell us about the great businesses for our inaugural awards
IT has been a tough year for most businesses in Fenland; the current economic climate has made trading conditions very difficult. But as always, the business community has stood resilient and fought hard against the difficulties of a recession. Small or l
IT has been a tough year for most businesses in Fenland; the current economic climate has made trading conditions very difficult. But as always, the business community has stood resilient and fought hard against the difficulties of a recession.
Small or large, each company in Fenland has given it its all and ensured that we, the customers, still get the best standard of workmanship and the great customer service.
And we think the efforts all businessmen and women in the area needs to be celebrated and rewarded, which is why we need you, the residents of Fenland, to help us.
We need you to nominate and tell us about the great businesses that are on our doorsteps, and then they could be shortlisted in our prestigious Fenland Enterprise Business Awards.
You may also want to watch:
The inaugural awards promise to be a glittering affair, but it will hammer the message home that we have some fantastic business in our district. They will celebrate innovation, training schemes, environmental and community impacts, social enterprise, star employees, young entrepreneurs and more.
There are 10 categories to choose from, so if you know of a business which you think deserves to be nominated then tell us. Or, if you are proud of your company, workers, or even your boss then let us know.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
We have some fantastic, wonderful, amazing businesses in Fenland and we need to shout loud and proud about them. So take five minutes out of your day and let us know who should be deserving of these prestigious awards, which truly shows us why Fenland businesses are simply the best.
For further details visit our website or see page four, or just give us a call and we can explain it all to you, it's that simple. The deadline has been extended to July 17 so there is still time.