VOICE OF THE FENS: Is this a real paw print, or just another April Fools?
DID you get caught out by an April Fool s Day prank? Certainly some bystanders did in March as they witnessed the rather unedifying spectacular of hotelier, Martin Ellis above the Griffin. It was the final act of a bizarre period in the hotel s 400 year h
DID you get caught out by an April Fool's Day prank? Certainly some bystanders did in March as they witnessed the rather unedifying spectacular of hotelier, Martin Ellis above the Griffin. It was the final act of a bizarre period in the hotel's 400 year history as Mr Ellis perched precariously over the edge of the hotel roof before handing over the keys and pocketing £750,000 from the sale (see our website for a video clip).
But did the April Fool's tomfoolery expand to Chatteris where this photograph of a Big Cat's paw came winging its way into our office from Joan Peacock of Queensway?
A couple of days earlier Joan reckoned she had seen paw prints in her garden and suspected they may belong to the big cat whose sightings have come from far afield in Fenland, including Wisbech and even Whittlesey.
"It's certainly not an April Fool," she said.
She has covered the prints with plant pots and she is looking to get a mould of the print to find out what this "big cat" actually is. She also said people are welcome to go and have a look.
Meanwhile, a woman from Manea claims to have seen a black panther stalking the side of a train as she travelled between Whittlesey and Peterborough.
- 1 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 6 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 7 Sex offender case adjourned due to judge's concerns
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
True or false? You decide. Recent photographs are on our website - send us more and we will share them with our readers.