Vintage fun day helps raise funds for new Curlew Centre at Sutton Bridge
SUTTON Bridge Community Centre Fund helped to raise money for the village’s new Curlew Centre by hosting a vintage family fun day at Memorial Park.
Hundreds turned out for the event and were treated to displays of vintage vehicles, Kingfisher model boats and a fly-past by a WWII Lancaster bomber.
Other attractions included a car boot sale, bouncy castle, sumo wrestling and gladiator fight as well as a barbeque which was provided by Silverwood Tea Rooms.
Altogether over �400 was raised and SBCCF Chairman Alan Barber, 44, said: “It was a great success. Lots of people turned up, many more than we expected, and everyone had a fantastic time in the beautiful weather.
“There were lots of fun things to do and the fly-past was absolutely fantastic. The children looked to have had a lot of fun on the sumo wrestling and gladiator fighting too”.
Since the centre opened in December last year a new library has been built inside. It is run by a group of 24 volunteers with books being donated by the Sutton Bridge public. The money raised will go towards helping run the centre.
The centre also hosts a Citizen’s Advice Bureau one day a week as well as various dance and fitness classes in the function room.
- 1 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 4 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 7 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
The hall is available to book, anyone who wishes to do so can contact the Centre on 01406 351122 visit www.thecurlewcentre.co.uk