Masked raiders threaten staff before robbing Fenland village store - it was the second robbery in 14 months
- Credit: Archant
Masked raiders have robbed a village shop in the Fens for the second time in less than 14 months.
At about 4.30pm two men entered the Elm village store, in Birch Grove, with their faces covered and threatened staff.
They demanded money and cigarettes, before leaving with a quantity of cash.
In December 2016 the same store was robbed by a masked man armed with a shotgun who threatened a member of staff at around 7.50pm before making off with about £300 in cash.
Detective Constable Marc Bates said of yesterday’s robbery: “This was a terrifying experience for the staff at the store; thankfully nobody was hurt.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time or witnessed anything suspicious to contact us as a matter of urgency.”
One of the men is described as roughly 6’1” and the other 5’5”.
- 1 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 10 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting CF0075480218 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.