Village fun day has something for all
THREE Holes Village Hall and Playing Field Committee is hoping to attract as many people as possible to its community fundraising event between 10am and 4pm tomorrow (Saturday). The emphasis is on fun for all the family with a mini soccer tournament, bo
THREE Holes Village Hall and Playing Field Committee is hoping to attract as many people as possible to its community fundraising event between 10am and 4pm tomorrow (Saturday).
The emphasis is on fun for all the family with a mini soccer tournament, bouncy castle, model aircraft display and a visit from the fire engine all lined up to entertain the youngsters.
For mums, dads and grandparents there will be a chance to find a bargain at the car boot fair or spot themselves and identify some long-gone, village landmarks in a display of photographs put together by local historian Bill Smith.
"Fundraising to help look after and improve our village hall and playing field is an ongoing task," says committee member Rita Cuss. "All the money we raise will go straight back into helping keep these vital facilities going."
You may also want to watch:
Other local groups arranging activities for the event include MAGPAS, WWT Welney Wetland Centre, Royal British Legion and the Bramley Line and refreshments and a licensed bar will be provided.
CONTACT: For more information or to book a car boot pitch, contact 01945 772236, 773418 or 772972.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000