Video: WISBECH: Mayor on hand to officially reopen Glennfield Care Centre
A CARE centre boasting modern facilities - including a mini cinema and pamper and treatment room - was opened in Wisbech this week. Glennfield House, in Money Bank, was bought by Excelcare from Cambridgeshire County Council and closed last summer for a co
A CARE centre boasting modern facilities - including a mini cinema and pamper and treatment room - was opened in Wisbech this week.
Glennfield House, in Money Bank, was bought by Excelcare from Cambridgeshire County Council and closed last summer for a complete rebuild.
Wisbech Mayor, Councillor Jonathan Farmer officially opened Glennfield Care Centre at a ceremony on Tuesday.
The centre caters for people over the age of 65 and can be used by those needing residential or nursing care.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Farmer said: "This place really has top of the range facilities and this is fantastic news for the people of Wisbech."
During the ceremony Les Chaplin, executive director of Exelcare, handed over a cheque to Colonel Buckenham, from the Wisbech branch of the Royal British Legion.
- 1 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 2 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Meet the young carers whose work hasn’t stopped for Covid-19
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Media 'mischief making' over council investments
- 7 ‘Hugging, kissing' in mayor’s pub –one of 21 Covid breaches
- 8 Paedophile exposed himself to mum near school
- 9 Assault on tax officials lands man in court
- 10 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
• Volunteers are needed to take part in various activities with residents and anyone interested should contact Becky Cooper on 01945 581141.
• Anyone wishing to find out more information about the centre should contact Sue Miller or Sarah Bull on 01945 581141.