Video: WISBECH: Mayor on hand to officially reopen Glennfield Care Centre
A CARE centre boasting modern facilities - including a mini cinema and pamper and treatment room - was opened in Wisbech this week. Glennfield House, in Money Bank, was bought by Excelcare from Cambridgeshire County Council and closed last summer for a co
A CARE centre boasting modern facilities - including a mini cinema and pamper and treatment room - was opened in Wisbech this week.
Glennfield House, in Money Bank, was bought by Excelcare from Cambridgeshire County Council and closed last summer for a complete rebuild.
Wisbech Mayor, Councillor Jonathan Farmer officially opened Glennfield Care Centre at a ceremony on Tuesday.
The centre caters for people over the age of 65 and can be used by those needing residential or nursing care.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Farmer said: "This place really has top of the range facilities and this is fantastic news for the people of Wisbech."
During the ceremony Les Chaplin, executive director of Exelcare, handed over a cheque to Colonel Buckenham, from the Wisbech branch of the Royal British Legion.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
• Volunteers are needed to take part in various activities with residents and anyone interested should contact Becky Cooper on 01945 581141.
• Anyone wishing to find out more information about the centre should contact Sue Miller or Sarah Bull on 01945 581141.