Video: WISBECH: Mayor on hand to officially reopen Glennfield Care Centre
A CARE centre boasting modern facilities - including a mini cinema and pamper and treatment room - was opened in Wisbech this week. Glennfield House, in Money Bank, was bought by Excelcare from Cambridgeshire County Council and closed last summer for a co
A CARE centre boasting modern facilities - including a mini cinema and pamper and treatment room - was opened in Wisbech this week.
Glennfield House, in Money Bank, was bought by Excelcare from Cambridgeshire County Council and closed last summer for a complete rebuild.
Wisbech Mayor, Councillor Jonathan Farmer officially opened Glennfield Care Centre at a ceremony on Tuesday.
The centre caters for people over the age of 65 and can be used by those needing residential or nursing care.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Farmer said: "This place really has top of the range facilities and this is fantastic news for the people of Wisbech."
During the ceremony Les Chaplin, executive director of Exelcare, handed over a cheque to Colonel Buckenham, from the Wisbech branch of the Royal British Legion.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
• Volunteers are needed to take part in various activities with residents and anyone interested should contact Becky Cooper on 01945 581141.
• Anyone wishing to find out more information about the centre should contact Sue Miller or Sarah Bull on 01945 581141.