‘Very intoxicated and angry’ man arrested for punching oncoming vehicles in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A ‘very intoxicated and angry man walking in the middle of the road’ was arrested on Saturday for trying to kick and punch any oncoming vehicles in Wisbech.
Officers were called to the incident, which was causing traffic to swerve to avoid collision, at around 8.35am.
A police spokesman said: “This male was very intoxicated and angry.
“He was therefore arrested for being drunk in a highway, for the protection of all road users and also for himself.”
In a seperate incident police arrested a man for an assault which happened over the last few weeks in March.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “The evidence was gathered by the officer investigating which led to the arrest of the male so he could be interviewed and safeguarding put in place.
Then at 11.35am officers were called to a domestic incident in the Whittlesey area. “Police attended to provide the female with reassurance, safeguarding and advice,” said a spokesman.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 5 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 6 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 7 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 8 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic
“This is just a few various incidents that Fenland Police have attended, along with missing from home incidents, breach of bail, domestic incidents, hare coursing, and multiple pre-booked crime related appointments.”