‘Very intoxicated and angry’ man arrested for punching oncoming vehicles in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A ‘very intoxicated and angry man walking in the middle of the road’ was arrested on Saturday for trying to kick and punch any oncoming vehicles in Wisbech.
Officers were called to the incident, which was causing traffic to swerve to avoid collision, at around 8.35am.
A police spokesman said: “This male was very intoxicated and angry.
“He was therefore arrested for being drunk in a highway, for the protection of all road users and also for himself.”
In a seperate incident police arrested a man for an assault which happened over the last few weeks in March.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “The evidence was gathered by the officer investigating which led to the arrest of the male so he could be interviewed and safeguarding put in place.
Then at 11.35am officers were called to a domestic incident in the Whittlesey area. “Police attended to provide the female with reassurance, safeguarding and advice,” said a spokesman.
- 1 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
“This is just a few various incidents that Fenland Police have attended, along with missing from home incidents, breach of bail, domestic incidents, hare coursing, and multiple pre-booked crime related appointments.”