Vandals target lorry hired out by Wisbech Town for Rose Fair parade
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town got into the spirit for the Rose Fair parade by decorating a lorry ... but vandals spoilt the fun.
The lorry, which was loaned to the Fenmen for the event, had a window smashed and the inside of the cab was trashed. The driver - one of the club’s supporters - had his personal HGV SatNav taken.
A metal storage container was also broken into and two petrol strimmers were stolen.
On the club’s Facebook page, a spokesman said: “The club has been the victim of some vandalism and theft over the weekend.
“A lorry which had been loaned to the club for the Rose Fair Parade had a window smashed and the inside of the cab was trashed.
You may also want to watch:
“A metal storage container was also broken into and two petrol strimmers were stolen.
“If anybody has any information about any of this please inform us. Likewise, if you are offered or know of anybody being offered any of the above items cheaply, please let us know.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat