Vandals target lorry hired out by Wisbech Town for Rose Fair parade
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town got into the spirit for the Rose Fair parade by decorating a lorry ... but vandals spoilt the fun.
The lorry, which was loaned to the Fenmen for the event, had a window smashed and the inside of the cab was trashed. The driver - one of the club’s supporters - had his personal HGV SatNav taken.
A metal storage container was also broken into and two petrol strimmers were stolen.
On the club’s Facebook page, a spokesman said: “The club has been the victim of some vandalism and theft over the weekend.
“A lorry which had been loaned to the club for the Rose Fair Parade had a window smashed and the inside of the cab was trashed.
You may also want to watch:
“A metal storage container was also broken into and two petrol strimmers were stolen.
“If anybody has any information about any of this please inform us. Likewise, if you are offered or know of anybody being offered any of the above items cheaply, please let us know.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months