Wisbech park toilets forced to close after being ‘vandalised by children’ overnight
- Credit: Google Maps
The Wisbech Park public toilet block has been “vandalised by children”, the town council has revealed.
In a post on social media, the Wisbech Town Council say locks have been smashed off with rocks and hand dryers have been vandalised by the group.
A spokesman said: "The toilets in the park have been yet again vandalised by children. They smashed the locks off with rocks and then damaged the hand dryers.
"The toilets will be out of use until they can be fixed and we ask that parents please know where your children are and that they understand that damaging property is illegal."
One resident questioned the council, asking what evidence they have to prove the damage was caused by children, as per their online post.
You may also want to watch:
Replying to the feed, town councillor Susan Wallwork replied. She said "it was caught on CCTV" and police have "spoke with the children".
She said: "Apparently the police spoke with the children and it's our hope they are taking it further. I will be following it up today."
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
We have contacted Cambridgeshire Police for a comment.