Van driver involved in what police say was an ‘altercation’ after he stopped Prius then tried to steal victim’s car keys
- Credit: Archant
A bizarre incident is being probed by police in which a motorist was stopped on a busy road by a van driver who then tried to snatch his victim’s car keys
Police are appealing for information following what they describe as “an altercation” between the two drivers in King’s Lynn.
The incident took place on the A149 at the QEH roundabout in the town at around 9.30pm yesterday.
A police spokesman said: “The victim approached the roundabout from the Knights Hill direction when he stopped his red Toyota Prius car. “The driver of a van then stopped his vehicle, got out and approached the victim’s car. An altercation ensued and the suspect attempted to take the victim’s car keys before snatching his work ID cards and driving away.
“A female is also believed to have been in the van.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers would like to hear from anyone who believes they may have seen the incident.
Witnesses should contact PC Sara Cowen at Norfolk Constabulary on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 8 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 9 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 10 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies