Van flips into Fenland river as ‘terrible weather’ - including snow and ice – hits the county
- Credit: Amber Kirkbright
A van has flipped into a Fenland river after snow and ice hit the county.
Pictures have emerged of a white van on its side on the river bank in Outwell.
Shared on a local Facebook group, residents blame the crash on "awful weather".
One said: "This road is very icy right now he may have lost this coming round another vehicle on the side on the road I don't think speeding came into this one.
"Hopefully the driver is OK. Emergency services doing a grand job in this awful weather."
You may also want to watch:
Another said: "OMG hopefully they are ok. The weather has been terrible since yesterday, I agree it was the terrible weather with the wind and hale was really bad."
More to follow.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 4 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide