Van flips into Fenland river as ‘terrible weather’ - including snow and ice – hits the county
- Credit: Amber Kirkbright
A van has flipped into a Fenland river after snow and ice hit the county.
Pictures have emerged of a white van on its side on the river bank in Outwell.
Shared on a local Facebook group, residents blame the crash on "awful weather".
One said: "This road is very icy right now he may have lost this coming round another vehicle on the side on the road I don't think speeding came into this one.
"Hopefully the driver is OK. Emergency services doing a grand job in this awful weather."
You may also want to watch:
Another said: "OMG hopefully they are ok. The weather has been terrible since yesterday, I agree it was the terrible weather with the wind and hale was really bad."
More to follow.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph