Van flips into Fenland river as ‘terrible weather’ - including snow and ice – hits the county
- Credit: Amber Kirkbright
A van has flipped into a Fenland river after snow and ice hit the county.
Pictures have emerged of a white van on its side on the river bank in Outwell.
Shared on a local Facebook group, residents blame the crash on "awful weather".
One said: "This road is very icy right now he may have lost this coming round another vehicle on the side on the road I don't think speeding came into this one.
"Hopefully the driver is OK. Emergency services doing a grand job in this awful weather."
You may also want to watch:
Another said: "OMG hopefully they are ok. The weather has been terrible since yesterday, I agree it was the terrible weather with the wind and hale was really bad."
More to follow.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 10 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies