Van found ‘well alight’ by firefighters near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A van that accidentally caught fire was found “well alight” in a Fenland village this week.
Firefighters from Wisbech were called to the blaze in Leverington Common on Monday, June 29, where they found the van.
After arriving at the fire on Monday afternoon, where clouds of smoke could be seen coming from the van, the crew managed to deal with the incident in under two hours.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “At 4.20pm on Monday, a crew from Wisbech was called to a fire on Leverington Common.
“Firefighters arrived to find a van well alight.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson added: “Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 5.45pm.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
It’s believed nobody was hurt in the blaze.