Van found ‘well alight’ by firefighters near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A van that accidentally caught fire was found “well alight” in a Fenland village this week.
Firefighters from Wisbech were called to the blaze in Leverington Common on Monday, June 29, where they found the van.
After arriving at the fire on Monday afternoon, where clouds of smoke could be seen coming from the van, the crew managed to deal with the incident in under two hours.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “At 4.20pm on Monday, a crew from Wisbech was called to a fire on Leverington Common.
“Firefighters arrived to find a van well alight.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson added: “Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 5.45pm.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
It’s believed nobody was hurt in the blaze.