Van found ‘well alight’ by firefighters near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A van that accidentally caught fire was found “well alight” in a Fenland village this week.
Firefighters from Wisbech were called to the blaze in Leverington Common on Monday, June 29, where they found the van.
After arriving at the fire on Monday afternoon, where clouds of smoke could be seen coming from the van, the crew managed to deal with the incident in under two hours.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “At 4.20pm on Monday, a crew from Wisbech was called to a fire on Leverington Common.
“Firefighters arrived to find a van well alight.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson added: “Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 5.45pm.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 3 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 4 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
It’s believed nobody was hurt in the blaze.