Driver ‘slumped behind the wheel’ at 7am blew nearly four times legal limit
- Credit: Archant
A driver ‘slumped behind the wheel’ was nearly four times the legal alcohol limit at 7am.
Valerij Jastrebov, 51, of St Peter’s Road, Wisbech, was breathalysed at the scene in Park Road, March, yesterday morning (Sunday November 1).
He provided a reading of 126 microgrammes of alcohol in 100ml of breath – the legal limit being 35.
Police have since charged him with being in charge of a vehicle while over the legal alcohol limit and driving without insurance.
Jastrebov is due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today (November 2).
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wishes to report concerns around someone drink or drug driving can call the force’s dedicated, confidential hotline on 0800 032 0845.
The hotline is available 24/7, and gives people the opportunity to supply police with information to help reduce the number of drink drivers on Cambridgeshire’s roads.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire