Driver ‘slumped behind the wheel’ at 7am blew nearly four times legal limit
- Credit: Archant
A driver ‘slumped behind the wheel’ was nearly four times the legal alcohol limit at 7am.
Valerij Jastrebov, 51, of St Peter’s Road, Wisbech, was breathalysed at the scene in Park Road, March, yesterday morning (Sunday November 1).
He provided a reading of 126 microgrammes of alcohol in 100ml of breath – the legal limit being 35.
Police have since charged him with being in charge of a vehicle while over the legal alcohol limit and driving without insurance.
Jastrebov is due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today (November 2).
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wishes to report concerns around someone drink or drug driving can call the force’s dedicated, confidential hotline on 0800 032 0845.
The hotline is available 24/7, and gives people the opportunity to supply police with information to help reduce the number of drink drivers on Cambridgeshire’s roads.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000