Driver ‘slumped behind the wheel’ at 7am blew nearly four times legal limit
- Credit: Archant
A driver ‘slumped behind the wheel’ was nearly four times the legal alcohol limit at 7am.
Valerij Jastrebov, 51, of St Peter’s Road, Wisbech, was breathalysed at the scene in Park Road, March, yesterday morning (Sunday November 1).
He provided a reading of 126 microgrammes of alcohol in 100ml of breath – the legal limit being 35.
Police have since charged him with being in charge of a vehicle while over the legal alcohol limit and driving without insurance.
Jastrebov is due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today (November 2).
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wishes to report concerns around someone drink or drug driving can call the force’s dedicated, confidential hotline on 0800 032 0845.
The hotline is available 24/7, and gives people the opportunity to supply police with information to help reduce the number of drink drivers on Cambridgeshire’s roads.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week