UPWELL: Up and coming entrepreneur gets a head start in plumbing thanks to Prince's Trust
UP and coming entrepreneur Glen Stittle dismissed fears of the recession to launch his own business thanks, in part, to the Prince s Trust. I ve often thought about working for myself and last year decided that that s what I wanted to do, said Glen of U
UP and coming entrepreneur Glen Stittle dismissed fears of the recession to
launch his own business thanks, in part, to the Prince's Trust.
"I've often thought about working for myself and last year decided that that's what I wanted to do," said Glen of Upwell.
Starting a plumbing apprenticeship at the age of 16, Glen has built up his knowledge and skills to launch out on his own.
Having worked for a bathroom fitting company at a young age he was taught how to tile well spending six years working for other companies gaining experience in fitting bathrooms, plumbing and also doing some kitchen fitting. But he wanted to start his own firm.
"Not knowing really where to start I contacted the Prince's Trust, who have loaned me some money to enable me to buy my van and some extra tools, and also provided me with a business mentor," he said.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 3 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 4 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 5 Partygoer who claimed ADHD caused him to kill jailed for life
- 6 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 7 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 8 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
"The Prince's Trust then put me in contact with NWES who provided plenty of free training and one to one advice to help get me started. This made a real difference to my confidence and knowledge."
A spokesman for NWES- the UK's largest enterprise agency- said Glen's experience and attitude have played a major part.
"He's very hard working and he has taken the opportunity to use his skills more widely and therefore taken on extra work that has proved profitable and very important to his business," said the spokesman.
Glen added: "I know we're living in tough times at the moment but I'm confident about the future and my business".
Glen is setting up a website that will enable potential customers to view pictures of jobs he has completed, along with testimonials. The website address is www.glenstittle.co.uk.
CONTACT: 01945 773638 or 07845601076.