UPWELL: Up and coming entrepreneur gets a head start in plumbing thanks to Prince's Trust
UP and coming entrepreneur Glen Stittle dismissed fears of the recession to launch his own business thanks, in part, to the Prince s Trust. I ve often thought about working for myself and last year decided that that s what I wanted to do, said Glen of U
UP and coming entrepreneur Glen Stittle dismissed fears of the recession to
launch his own business thanks, in part, to the Prince's Trust.
"I've often thought about working for myself and last year decided that that's what I wanted to do," said Glen of Upwell.
Starting a plumbing apprenticeship at the age of 16, Glen has built up his knowledge and skills to launch out on his own.
You may also want to watch:
Having worked for a bathroom fitting company at a young age he was taught how to tile well spending six years working for other companies gaining experience in fitting bathrooms, plumbing and also doing some kitchen fitting. But he wanted to start his own firm.
"Not knowing really where to start I contacted the Prince's Trust, who have loaned me some money to enable me to buy my van and some extra tools, and also provided me with a business mentor," he said.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 9 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 10 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
"The Prince's Trust then put me in contact with NWES who provided plenty of free training and one to one advice to help get me started. This made a real difference to my confidence and knowledge."
A spokesman for NWES- the UK's largest enterprise agency- said Glen's experience and attitude have played a major part.
"He's very hard working and he has taken the opportunity to use his skills more widely and therefore taken on extra work that has proved profitable and very important to his business," said the spokesman.
Glen added: "I know we're living in tough times at the moment but I'm confident about the future and my business".
Glen is setting up a website that will enable potential customers to view pictures of jobs he has completed, along with testimonials. The website address is www.glenstittle.co.uk.
CONTACT: 01945 773638 or 07845601076.