Upwell Horse and Pony show brings community together to raise money
- Credit: Archant
Competitors galloped on to Upwell playing field for the village’s horse and pony show at the weekend.
Well-groomed horses and ponies strutted their stuff as money was raised for Upwell Playing Fields.
Competitors included Emma Roberts with her pony Dave, Hannah Lewis, Sophie Wills and Dusty and James Roberts with Diesel.
The in-hand showing started at 9.30am.
For this the horse or pony was walked around the ring with the handler on the outer side.
You may also want to watch:
The horse or pony is always nearest to the judge during in-hand showing so that the judge always has a clear view.
Ros Shorting, organiser, said: “We were very pleased at the turnout and we raised a quite a bit for the playing fields which is always a good thing.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 8 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
“We had in-hand showing and ridden showing which were both judged and had impressive results.
“We organise these events a lot and do them throughout the summer months so we are always happy to see new faces and get support.”
The next show will take place on June 16.