Upwell Horse and Pony show brings community together to raise money
- Credit: Archant
Competitors galloped on to Upwell playing field for the village’s horse and pony show at the weekend.
Well-groomed horses and ponies strutted their stuff as money was raised for Upwell Playing Fields.
Competitors included Emma Roberts with her pony Dave, Hannah Lewis, Sophie Wills and Dusty and James Roberts with Diesel.
The in-hand showing started at 9.30am.
For this the horse or pony was walked around the ring with the handler on the outer side.
You may also want to watch:
The horse or pony is always nearest to the judge during in-hand showing so that the judge always has a clear view.
Ros Shorting, organiser, said: “We were very pleased at the turnout and we raised a quite a bit for the playing fields which is always a good thing.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
“We had in-hand showing and ridden showing which were both judged and had impressive results.
“We organise these events a lot and do them throughout the summer months so we are always happy to see new faces and get support.”
The next show will take place on June 16.