Upwell Gilbert & Sullivan Society to perform operetta ‘The Sorcerer’ at St Andrew’s Methodist Church in Outwell
- Credit: Archant
Members of Upwell Gilbert & Sullivan Society have been busy rehearsing for their production of operetta ‘The Sorcerer’ which will be performed at St Andrew’s Methodist Church in Outwell.
The cast includes a chorus of servants, gentry and village folk, with Aline (Kathryn Allen), Alexis (Andy Hiles), the Notary (Bill Weiss) and Constance (Carole Mansell) some of the lead characters.
“This is a wonderful mix of comedy, music and special effects as the Sorcerer works his magic,” said club member Ann Allen.
“It promises to be a dramatic show as John Wellington Wells puts the villagers, gentry and servants under the spell of a love potion and the usual G&S chaos ensues.”
‘The Sorcerer’ will be performed on Saturday April 29 at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets; £4 for children and £7.50 for adults, are available from Peter and Linda Calver by calling 01945 773070.
Upwell Gilbert & Sullivan Society is looking for new members - especially men.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
“We are a friendly society, and anyone is welcome to come and have a go at singing with us,” said club member Ann Allen.
“No previous experience is necessary. We do a Christmas concert and charity ones when requested, and go out and entertain sometimes.
“We will be rehearsing a variety of music shortly for the Upwell St Peter’s Church flower festival in June, which is where we practise on Tuesday nights.
Visit www.upwellgands.weebly.com for more information.