Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- Credit: CLIVE EMSON
Three derelict cottages in Upwell sold for £122,000 at an auction.
The houses - at 29 Dovecote Road - were among 135 lots listed across southern England by regional land and property auctioneers Clive Emson.
Situated approximately six and a half miles south of Wisbech, according to the Local Authority the cottage is shown on Ordnance Survey maps dating back to the 1880s.
Before the auction, Clive Emson said "the remaining cottage is in poor condition and would make an ideal renovation project with potential to perhaps reinstate three dwellings or create one larger property".
Russell Hawkes, a senior auction appraiser with Clive Emson, said: “Amid keen interest, we had a final bid of £122,000.
You may also want to watch:
"There were three cottages, of which only one still remains, on a 0.22-acre freehold site, with good surrounding road networks, including the A47 and A10.
“This is very much a doer-upper project. However, we are not privy to any plans the new owner may or may not have for the site.”
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
Clive Emson’s next auction ends on Wednesday June 16, with the catalogue available from Saturday May 29.