Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- Credit: CLIVE EMSON
Three derelict cottages in Upwell sold for £122,000 at an auction.
The houses - at 29 Dovecote Road - were among 135 lots listed across southern England by regional land and property auctioneers Clive Emson.
Situated approximately six and a half miles south of Wisbech, according to the Local Authority the cottage is shown on Ordnance Survey maps dating back to the 1880s.
Before the auction, Clive Emson said "the remaining cottage is in poor condition and would make an ideal renovation project with potential to perhaps reinstate three dwellings or create one larger property".
Russell Hawkes, a senior auction appraiser with Clive Emson, said: “Amid keen interest, we had a final bid of £122,000.
You may also want to watch:
"There were three cottages, of which only one still remains, on a 0.22-acre freehold site, with good surrounding road networks, including the A47 and A10.
“This is very much a doer-upper project. However, we are not privy to any plans the new owner may or may not have for the site.”
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 5 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 8 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
Clive Emson’s next auction ends on Wednesday June 16, with the catalogue available from Saturday May 29.