Upwell celebrates summer fayre to raise funds for pavilion
A SUMMER fayre helped Upwell to raise money for its sports new sports pavilion - but �60,000 is still needed to finish the project.
The village’s Playing Field Committee started the building work on the facility earlier this year so it would not lose �30,000 of Section 106 money given by developers of a nearby housing estate.
The cash has enabled the committee to put the structure of the building in place but it now needs to raise a significant sum of money to install toilet and shower facilities in the changing rooms and put other facilities inside.
“We need to get the pavilion finished and get sports team booked in,” committee secretary Ros Shorting said.
“It is something for the community but we need the community to get behind us.”
You may also want to watch:
Saturday’s (August 11) event on the nearby playing fields included classic cars, belly dancing, parachute games and horse displays, as well as street dancing and dog agility contests.
Anyone interested in donating to the pavilion appeal should contact Ms Shorting on 01945 773604.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition