Upwell celebrates summer fayre to raise funds for pavilion
A SUMMER fayre helped Upwell to raise money for its sports new sports pavilion - but �60,000 is still needed to finish the project.
The village’s Playing Field Committee started the building work on the facility earlier this year so it would not lose �30,000 of Section 106 money given by developers of a nearby housing estate.
The cash has enabled the committee to put the structure of the building in place but it now needs to raise a significant sum of money to install toilet and shower facilities in the changing rooms and put other facilities inside.
“We need to get the pavilion finished and get sports team booked in,” committee secretary Ros Shorting said.
“It is something for the community but we need the community to get behind us.”
You may also want to watch:
Saturday’s (August 11) event on the nearby playing fields included classic cars, belly dancing, parachute games and horse displays, as well as street dancing and dog agility contests.
Anyone interested in donating to the pavilion appeal should contact Ms Shorting on 01945 773604.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic