Upwell celebrates summer fayre to raise funds for pavilion
A SUMMER fayre helped Upwell to raise money for its sports new sports pavilion - but �60,000 is still needed to finish the project.
The village’s Playing Field Committee started the building work on the facility earlier this year so it would not lose �30,000 of Section 106 money given by developers of a nearby housing estate.
The cash has enabled the committee to put the structure of the building in place but it now needs to raise a significant sum of money to install toilet and shower facilities in the changing rooms and put other facilities inside.
“We need to get the pavilion finished and get sports team booked in,” committee secretary Ros Shorting said.
“It is something for the community but we need the community to get behind us.”
You may also want to watch:
Saturday’s (August 11) event on the nearby playing fields included classic cars, belly dancing, parachute games and horse displays, as well as street dancing and dog agility contests.
Anyone interested in donating to the pavilion appeal should contact Ms Shorting on 01945 773604.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease